 CAD / Development / 9474
Re: L3PPARTS (Was: Re: Change to existing policy on embedding POV-Ray code in Official Files)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:19:48 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Chuck Sommerville wrote:
I Like it :)  It is a great solution to a sticky problem.

-Chuck

Me, too.
This also solves an issue for having .dat files not too detailed, like the
rounded metal parts on 12V train conductor parts. Now the .dat files can contain
a square box, which is fast drawn in construction programs and the .inc files in
the pov library contain the full detailed and rounded metal bits.

Also round parts, like the macaroni bricks, can be rendered using true rounded
surfaces, as pov supports a way to make gaps in 'pov-primitives'. (clipped_by
iirc).

Niels