 CAD / Development / 8110
Re: What's up with box3#8.dat? (was: BFC parts with BFC-less primitives)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 21 Dec 2002 09:38:43 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Chris Dee writes:

Manfred Moolhuysen developed this naming convention and posted (probably to
the old lcad list) in May 1998, but I cannot locate a copy right now. IIRC
the # was intended to indicate that the missing edges were not adjacent
(which is what the '-' means in other primitives) but in a parallel set. I'm
happy to use another (more html acceptable) character, but not '-'. I prefer
the underscore '_' character. We can replace box3#8 with a moved to file in
the interim.

Chris

Another suggestion is using the dash '-' and have an additional letter
give some more information.
a = adjacent
p = parallel
... (more?)