 CAD / Development / 8104
Re: What's up with box3#8.dat? (was: BFC parts with BFC-less primitives)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 15:05:06 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Niels Karsdorp writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Kyle McDonald writes:
We should consider renaming this to get around this limitation.

More programs and applets may start tring to access the files
through URLS in the future. Who knows.

-Kyle

I'll think about box3-8 or something
(box with 3 sides, missing 8 lines)

I need a similar primitive with all edges along the three sides.
That could be named box3-2 (box with 3 sides, missing 2 lines)

Niels

Manfred Moolhuysen developed this naming convention and posted (probably to
the old lcad list) in May 1998, but I cannot locate a copy right now. IIRC
the # was intended to indicate that the missing edges were not adjacent
(which is what the '-' means in other primitives) but in a parallel set. I'm
happy to use another (more html acceptable) character, but not '-'. I prefer
the underscore '_' character. We can replace box3#8 with a moved to file in
the interim.

Chris