 CAD / Development / 8102
Re: What's up with box3#8.dat? (was: BFC parts with BFC-less primitives)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 23:56:55 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Chris Dee writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Tony Hafner writes:
I did a text search on all the dat files in my parts and subparts
folder, and found that the "box3#8.dat" primitive isn't actually
referenced by anything else.  And if I try to download it from
ldraw.org's official files link, I get nothing.  Has this primitive
been retired?

Not sure how you were searching, but this primitive is used by plenty
of parts
2400.dat
2554.dat
2865.dat
2871.dat

The file is in the ldraw.org official library, but if you're trying
to use the URL like http://www.ldraw.org/library/official/p/box3#8.dat
then you will fail due to the special meaning of a # character in a
URL to display the page from a particular anchor. I don't even seem to
be able to get around this by using %23, so maybe there is no way to
use this URL to access this particular prinitive.

Chris

Hm, it's possible that the search I used suffered from a similar problem to
that of the URL.

I stand corrected- thanks!

--
Tony Hafner