 CAD / Development / 6412
Re: LDGLite bug report (and POV preview question)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 19:53:56 GMT

Should we change the default view to be something that is (what
is the word..."only made from rotation matricies and does not
produce shearing"? det(A)=1?). It bugs me that the default is flawed
that way, although there are some other shear-producing projections
that make measurements easy.
-gyug

In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse writes:
Yeah, I played with this in ldglite at one time.  I found some nice
quaternion camera moving code and pasted it in.  I kept it separate
from the ldraw view matrix though because at that time I didn't know
what to do about the shearing in the default view.