 CAD / Development / 6347
Re: LDGLite bug report (yes, one more)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 16:26:25 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:
Don
You should at least try the "-l3" before you recompile.

Okay. Doing that now. The errors in the ortographic
projection rendering seem to be independent of the parser.
You can see an image at:

http://hugin.ldraw.org/temp/town-ortographic-l3_parser.png

Hmmm, that seems to be a problem with the far Z clipping plane.
It may be OpenGL implementation specific because I remember the
Mac version of ldglite had a similar problem.  I've run the
datsville mpd file on a few Windoze machines and it clips the
model at the far plane, but doesn't add the garbage you got
in your image.  I'll have to try it on Mesa tonight and see if
it's hardware dependant.

Meanwhile I guess I'll have to add some control over the near and far
clipping planes when I add the camera control.  Right now the only
way to change their locations is to recompile.  Yuck!

Also I wonder if it makes sense to add an option to render without
edge lines.  They look pretty crummy to me at this scale.

Don