 CAD / Development / 6405
Re: LDGLite bug report (and POV preview question)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 16:12:58 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I'm not sure if I mentioned this yet, but the pesky ldglite bugs
with MESA perspective mode have been fixed and a new version is up
on the sourceforge.  I still have to incorporate the new ldlite 2.3
bugfix for large MPD files, but it works for now with the L3 parser.

By the way, with all this talk about datsville and camera angles and
whatnot, I've been wondering if ldglite could be useful as a POV
previewer.  With a little bit of work, I might be able to make the
perspective projection mode show the same view as you would get by
running the DAT file through L3P, except without the nice ray tracing.
Perhaps this could be used to quickly determine if you like the camera
angle.  Of course, for all I know, ldglite may actually be *slower*
than L3P and POV...

Anyways, I suspect I have just about everything I need built in with
the L3 parser.  The only iffy part is the auto-centering part of L3P.
I'm not sure exactly what coordinates that uses: the bounding box, or
something else?

Here's a sample shot of datsville with a bit of with fogging enabled,
and studs and edgelines disabled.

Don