 CAD / Development / 6320
Re: LDGLite bug report (yes, one more)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 19:36:45 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:
If you try to render Datsville in perspective:

  ldglite -j -s0.1 town.mpd

you will notice some very strange blue lines going from
the centre of the window to the blue castle out in the
left-side background.

They shouldn't be there, and I am rather certain that
there aren't any more errors in the MPD file.

This could be the ldlite large MPD bug again.  The ldlite parser
has a problem with MPD files if it runs out of cache.  I increased
the size for ldglite, but it may not be enough for Datsville.
You could try increasing it some more and recompiling.  Look for
this in lex.yy.c

#define MAX_CACHED_TOKENS (10*1024)
#define MAX_MPD_CACHED_TOKENS (16*1024)
#define MAX_CACHED_FILES  (24*128)

Replace the 10, 16, and 14 with bigger numbers and try it.  This may
also fix the other bug with the syntax errors reported on unreasonable
line numbers.

Alternatively you could try the l3 parser by adding "-l3" to the
commandline.  But I don't know what it does with the ldlite extended
syntax which seems to be used on the minifigs.  This will definately
get rid of the bug with syntax errors reported on unreasonable line
numbers, but you'll get a whole new set of messages.

Also I'd add a "-mc" to skip the embedded steps.

Meanwhile I'll try some of this here with the town.mpd file.

Don