 CAD / Development / 4762 (-40)
  Re: L3DView v0.5 view LDraw models in real-time 3D

(...) I couldn't agree more, you don't have anything to loose by making the source code available, you might even get some help from other people (I've contributed small patches to LDLite and LDGLite for example). I've said that before but I'll say (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Name suggestions for L3DView

Lars Hassing (author of L3P and L3Lab) pointed out that the name L3DView might incorrectly lead people to believe that it is somehow related to L3P and L3Lab, causing confusion. While I chose the name to stand for LDraw 3D Viewer (or optionally LEGO (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3DView v0.5 view LDraw models in real-time 3D

(...) I used a BSP to avoid that problem in LeoCAD, works really well. (...) If you want to have the optional lines then you should transform the coordinates yourself, using gluProject is not a good idea (glu functions should be avoided as much as (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3DView v0.5 view LDraw models in real-time 3D

(...) Rats! I don't know how many times I've heard that. "I'll release the source after I clean it up." L3lab, Ldlite 2.0, MLCAD? What is so embarrasing about developmental code? It's not like dirty underwear. Doesn't anyone realize that nobody EVER (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3DView v0.5 view LDraw models in real-time 3D

Note that I am moving this thread into the lugnet.cad.dev group. Don Heyse <dheyse@hotmail.spam....away.com> wrote in message news:FwGIDn.1Cw@lugnet.com... (...) I will probably make the source available at some point, once I have a chance to clean (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: #8880 Wheel & Tire

(...) I seams that the large stearing wheel is also missing ! Isn't it ? or am I the only one Not having it ? (...) Who wouldn't want one ? At first I think the older Super Car is better, doesn't have those especialized parts just to have a goo (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Finally the 8880 Wheel & Tire

(...) Thanks ! You where one of the people that where eagerly waiting for it ! About the names, I seem to have seen the "ZR" written on the real tires, but I don't have one here with me right know to confirm. But the names can be changed, and as (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Finally the 8880 Wheel & Tire

(...) I would go for lugnet.cad.dat.parts. Fredrik (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  (canceled)

  Re: Finally the 8880 Wheel & Tire

They look good, but you should call them tyre xxx ZR and wheel xxx ZR. (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Finally the 8880 Wheel & Tire

#8880 TIRE -> Part Number (2997) #8880 WHEEL -> Part Number (2998) Note: These Numbers were taken from the parts, no guessing, they are easilly visible. You can get them from here: Low poly version: (URL) High poly version: (URL) Should I post them (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Math Help Needed PLEASE

:-) Much better ... the compution of the determinant of a matrix was wrong ... this explains also some strange effects with bfc ... Thanks anyway! Michael (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: #8880 Wheel & Tire

(...) Yes, please send me the .stl file I will have a look. So far I have no seen any misorder quad with L3Lab, mytest 6 so far. my email marc.klein@free.fr Marc Klein A Mindstorms fan. (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Math Help Needed PLEASE

Michael Lachmann <michael.lachmann@maxmobil.at> wrote in message news:FwEsqI.Mop@lugnet.com... (...) matrixes (...) the (...) tell (...) one (...) also by (...) I think either your inversion routine is broken, or your rotation routine is broken, (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: #8880 Wheel & Tire

AFAIK the only pieces still missing from the 8880 are the wheels and tyres, the gear stick and shift plate and the stickers and decorated elements. If you have finished these parts and are looking for something else to do, dont bother with the 8448 (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  #8880 Wheel & Tire

After sometime (a lot of it) I finally solved my registration problem with my Cad Software. So the parts mencioned in the subject are due to appear tomorrow, since I forgot them at home today. I have two different tesselations (a low poly and a high (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Math Help Needed PLEASE

(...) Ok I got it partly somehow running, but currently I'm fighting with matrixes which do not have an inversion-matrix, I got to algorythms on how to get the inversion-matrix and in some rare cases they return different values, and tell me that (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Math Help Needed PLEASE

How embarrassing. Please ignore my previous post. Apparently Lars beat me to it and even brought up a point I missed. Now I have to go figure out how to retract a message. Don (24 years ago, 19-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Math Help Needed PLEASE

(...) Transform PS from model space to unrotated part space. Round the x, y, z values to the nearest grid points. (add half a grid size, divide by grid size, multiply by grid size) Transform PS back to model space. I think this algorithm may be (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Math Help Needed PLEASE

(...) What do you mean by "translated into model space" ? Back from World coordinates? By applying inv(VM)? How can you find a z value for the screen point. There are many possible values. (How do you go from 2D to 3D?) Assuming that you could find (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Math Help Needed PLEASE

Hy, I'm running into math problems again, after I recogniced whats the problem with the movements in MLCad. Now here is what I would like to do: There is a virtual grid which is bound to a part. The distance of the grid lines is given by a vector (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3PAO Runtime Error

(...) Hey, thanks!! Seems to work now. Now I can do some easier converting. Thanks again Ryan (24 years ago, 19-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3PAO Runtime Error

Well, whyt dont you asked someone who fixed the problem about 2 days ago? First, make sure the L-draw add on is installed. If so, go to the LDAO's ldraw.ini file, then scroll to the bottom. You should see [LDAO] and [L3PAO] and some others. Insert (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  L3PAO Runtime Error

Well, since I've been getting back into Ldrawing lately, that means I've been getting back in to POV-Raying, but I came across a problem that I had just before I stopped doing this stuff for a while. When I try to run L3PAO(no matter which version) (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: CD-ROM Status

I have no clue on how to write scripts, but if someone would write it, I would try to manage it ( I am going to be very busy from not to Christmas!) Tom McDonald <radiotitan@yanospamhoo.com> wrote in message news:Fw7F6I.E5w@lugnet.com... (...) for (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Question on part

(...) If you are talking about the ribbed hose or the smooth flexable tubing then both of them are available somewhere (check cad.dat.parts). (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Error in subfile found

1.make sure you have the latest parts update and then the problem with the torso will go away, because the torso is now official and the back face is present in the part. The back face has been removed because there are some torsos that have (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Question on part

I am in the process of building a model, but there is one part I need. I'm not sure if it exists or not because I don't have any idea what it would be called. It is the tubular piece found in the Technic Battle Droid set in red, yellow, and black, (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Error in subfile found

While creating a minifig using part 973p101, the Star Wars pilot pattern, I discovered that the subpart that it uses, 973s01, has both front and back faces removed instead of just the front. That's all Ryan (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: CD-ROM Status

So Adam, are you volunteering to manage that chain, or write the script for the orders page? Tim does the lion's share of the work for ldraw.org, so any help he can get would probably be appreciated. I know he's asked for help on a number of (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Bulk processing

(...) Yes, 4DOS (for DOS) is a compatible replacement of DOS, but with a lot of extra features, and a lot faster ! ;) Right Now, I don't know where you can find it, but be sure to search the web ! As far as I now I think it's a "shareware" or (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: CD-ROM Status

Why not start a different message chain to receive all the orders, or run a script on LDRAW.ORG and accept orders Adam Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message news:39456556.326763...net.com... (...) nauseam (I (...) fan- (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Linux programs for the LDraw CD-ROM

Hi, I've talked to Tim about including Linux programs on the CD and he asked me to write a setup program, so now I need to know what programs are available. If you're the author of a Linux L-CAD utility then please email me with instructions on how (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: CD-ROM Status

(...) Right now they aren't available becuase the project needs to be finished and the copies need to be made. I'm considering a preorder system at a couple bucks off the $10 price for the purpose of helping raise the preliminary funds needed. I'll (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: CD-ROM Status

Tim: Please excuse my ignorance if this has been asked and answered ad nauseam (I have tried to follow these posts of yours), but how does one purchase or otherwise obtain the resulting cd-rom? I am very keen to support this fan- based effort. (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  CD-ROM Status

Just thought I'd give out another update on the status of the CD-ROM: The HTML guide is almost done. This is what needs to be done before we can ship: Finish guide: Reformat Knudsen article, finish a few pages including installation instructions for (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Organizational business for ldraw.org as pertains to future activities

Hello! I believe there are some group issues to attend to before ldraw.org starts selling CDs. I got to talk to a lot of people this weekend and received valuable input towards the direction of this now nebulous group and what needs to take place in (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jun-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.datfest, lugnet.org.us) !!

  Re: Getting Started (Corrections) !

(...) No, the current download ldraw.exe does *not* include LP97-13 and LP97-14. Terry is updating/repacking James Jessiman's releases, to make a single distribution file which will include ldraw.exe, lp97-13.exe, and lp97-14.exe. But it isn't (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Modelling !

(...) I'm not sure that would prove anything -- baseplates are trimmed slightly smaller than the full stud-pitch. If you join two baseplates with bricks or plates on top, there will be a slight gap between the two baseplates. Now, taking those two (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldglite dev version questions

(...) Ouch, "dismal" eh? You're absolutely right though. The 6pre8 file has two Windows-dependent "features" that haven't been cleaned up yet. I do have a 6pre9 cleaned up version that I haven't gotten around to putting on the web site yet. I was (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact