 CAD / Development / 4747
4746  |  4748
Subject:
#8880 Wheel & Tire
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 17:54:01 GMT

After sometime (a lot of it) I finally solved my registration problem with my
Cad Software.

So the parts mencioned in the subject are due to appear tomorrow, since I forgot
them at home today.

I have two different tesselations (a low poly and a high poly), I will post
both, but I intend to make the high poly ones, candidates for oficial parts,
after I correct some problems in the tesselation.

Can anyone enlighten me if there are any more pieces of the 8880 missing, so
that I can make them. I really want an ldraw version of this baby.

If not, then I must buy the New SuperCar to be able to make the new wheels.
But it is a little bit expensive here in Portugal.

Note:
I will probably also remake the Technic Worm Screw ("Worm Gear" or "Gear
Worm" would be more correct by the way), since the current one has several
problems, and is not correctly built in both ends.

P.S.
  I used stl2dat, and I'm curious about one thing, I get some quads with
incorrect point ordering, I suspect this is probably an error in stl2Dat, and
Not in the exporter of the cad program.
Can the author of stl2Dat check this ?
(Sorry can't remember your name right now, but it will come to me somewhere in
the future.
I can send you the STL file, if required)

See ya

Rui Martins