 CAD / Development / 3899
Re: LDraw CD-ROM Project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 14:03:49 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Larry Pieniazek writes:
650 CDs are a LOT! Have you done research that leads you to believe you
can move 650?

Remember, the upfront cost goes up if you can't sell them all.

You may want to consider skipping the artwork and using CDRoms instead.
The per CD cost is higher but you're not stuck with a bunch that become
obsolete if you only burn 100 or so and then burn 50 more when you are
almost out.

Just something to think about.

I'd gladly pay 10$ or 20$ for a suite with LDraw and related software, if it
is on a pressed CD. I would also pay beforehand if that is what it takes to
ensure the project.
Why not make a count of who's willing to buy such a CD?
It is the first CD that costs, and even with 100 CD's it wouldn't be that
expensive each, remember you'd have to get quality medias AND the time to burn
them if you where to burn them yourself.

How much Lego do you get for 15$?:)

Personally, I'd hate to burn 100 CD's:)

I wouldn't even mind if someone made some money on it, that way there might be
interest to do another one when there's serious updates to get.

Would POVRay be on such a CD?

Regards
John