 CAD / Development / 3901
Re: LDraw CD-ROM Project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 14:26:32 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, John Jensen writes:
I'd gladly pay 10$ or 20$ for a suite with LDraw and related software, if it
is on a pressed CD. I would also pay beforehand if that is what it takes to
ensure the project.

As I'm sure a lot of people would do.  I don't think we'll charge near that
much for the CD, beacuse the goal isn't profit and I told the Jessimans' that
we wouldn't collect on it.  But I think donations will be accepted to cover up-
front cost.

Why not make a count of who's willing to buy such a CD?

Good plan.

It is the first CD that costs, and even with 100 CD's it wouldn't be that
expensive each, remember you'd have to get quality medias AND the time to burn
them if you where to burn them yourself.

I think this project will be much better off being professionally
manufactured.  Really, the quote isn't that expensive (besides the 650 copies
part) and I think the little extra $ is well spent.

How much Lego do you get for 15$?:)

Personally, I'd hate to burn 100 CD's:)

That's why I want to manufacture them. :)

I wouldn't even mind if someone made some money on it, that way there might be
interest to do another one when there's serious updates to get.

A thought, $$ collected could go into a fund to front the cost of the next
release.  I'll have to discuss that one with the Jessimans.

Would POVRay be on such a CD?

Yes, in accordance to their distribution agreement on www.povray.org.

-Tim