 CAD / Development / 3900
Re: LDraw CD-ROM Project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 14:15:16 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Jonathan Wilson writes:
It would be seriously cheaper to just burn them onto cdr disks. And you
can just make the number you need and burn more when that lot runs out.
You could even make it an ongoing thing with people being to get ldraw on
cd instead of spending 5 hours looking for the programs they need and then
finding they have to ask where can i get xxx on the group and pissing
others off.

The point of this would be to have manufactured pressed CDs.  The original
intent of the material is for distribution at .datFest, where attendees will
be expecting this quality of work [1].  I think its well worth the extra $1/CD
to go with a professionally manufactured disc.  But I'm NOT wasting $$ on
jewel cases, its coming in a cardboard sleeve like the Mindstorms RIS and many
software titles.

[1] That's another story.  Leads on .datFest have been slow and so has help on
the project.  We need to encounter some serious $$ soon to be able to begin
producing materials for the event, and to have a place to hold it.  I would
NOT like to see this moved to the fall.  Is there *anyone* out there who can
possibly help with contacts or $$?

-Tim