 CAD / Development / 2176
Re: [LDAO] New beta version available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 18:01:33 GMT

At 03:37 PM 6/30/99 +0000, Steve Bliss wrote:
Then I found a problem with Ldraw/Ledit. While the
subdirectories are nice, they aren't any help if you have a model with
submodels, as Ldraw/Ledit only looks in the parts, p, & models directories,
not even the current directory.

Yes, this is a "documentation issue".  The subdirectory support is only
good for LDLite and L3P (and other, smart, tools).  So the documentation
will have to indicate this situation.  Having an option to hide the
drive/folder controls would be good, too.

You can 'fix' the problem by adding in the submodel line in ledit the
directory structure under models.  Example:

mymodel\submodel.dat

instead of

submodel.dat

LEdit will look in models\mymodel\ for the file.

-Tim <><

http://www.zacktron.com

AIM:   timcourtne
ICQ:   23951114

Give an airhead email and its the end of the world - three words: forwarded
chain letters.  Any questions?