 CAD / Development / 2175
Re: [LDAO] New beta version available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 15:37:15 GMT

On Wed, 30 Jun 1999 13:27:01 GMT, "Scott R Dennett" <dennett@agate.net>
wrote:

The subdirectory access makes life a whole lot easier :)

Good. :)

The only problems I've foungd so far is that you can not move
a file to another directory, but you can place a copy of it
there.

Hmm.  Oh, right; apparently, the file drag-n-drop to directory stuff isn't
done, yet.

The other thing is, on the computer I'm on now, the family
computer,
I had a problem with the last version of LDAO in that whenever I
would type something I would lose my mouse pointer and have
to get it down to the Windows Taskbar and click on the LDAO
button(or any other one that happened to be open) to be able to
see my pointer. So, since I hadn't had a problem on my
computer(not this one) with the next to last update, I assumed
that it was just the computer. But, I put the new version on
that computer and I have the same problem of my pointer disappearing,
so I am inclined to think that something may have been changed
in the code for the past two versions to make this happen.
Steve is this something you can look into?? Is anyone else
having this problem??

I'm not sure where to start with that one.  Is there a specific part of the
program where you're having a problem?  Does the pointer disappear, or does
it go to an hourglass?   Have you checked your video drivers?

Then I found a problem with Ldraw/Ledit. While the
subdirectories are nice, they aren't any help if you have a model with
submodels, as Ldraw/Ledit only looks in the parts, p, & models directories,
not even the current directory.

Yes, this is a "documentation issue".  The subdirectory support is only
good for LDLite and L3P (and other, smart, tools).  So the documentation
will have to indicate this situation.  Having an option to hide the
drive/folder controls would be good, too.

Steve