 CAD / Development / 11122 (-20)
  LETGUI Update (1.6.1.0)

I just released a new version of LETGUI. Added support for stl2dat (now version 1.20). Added support for rectifier (now version 1.5). Added support for windz You can download like usually from (URL) you run into any trouble, please do not hesitate (...) (13 years ago, 23-Feb-11, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce)

  LETGUI Update (1.6.0.1)

I just released a new version of LETGUI. Added support for stl2dat (now version 1.19). Had to fix some bugs related to usage with drag'n drop and commandline. You can download like usually from (URL) you run into any trouble, please do not hesitate (...) (13 years ago, 9-Feb-11, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce)

  LETGUI Update (1.6.0.0)

I just released the new version of LETGUI. Added support for stl2dat (current version). Added support for new tool Unificator. You can download like usually from (URL) you run into any trouble, please do not hesitate to contact me. cu mikeheide (13 years ago, 24-Jan-11, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce)

  BrickCon LSculpt presentation

I have uploaded the slides I presented at BrickCon 2010. The slides go through a complex example which includes two different ways of creating 3D models, combining them together, and building the sculpture. (URL) resolution PDF and Powerpoint are (...) (14 years ago, 9-Oct-10, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon)

  Re: Announcing LSculpt 0.5.0

(...) On a side note, I have to say that this "DAVID laser scanner" sounds incredibly cool to me, so much so that I may need to look into acquiring it. Additionally, just five short years ago a 3-D scanner setup was apparently a near pipe-dream, (...) (14 years ago, 1-Oct-10, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Announcing LSculpt 0.5.0

(...) Thanks! I had already discovered DAVID through your website. I got a line laser from dealextreme too, but I didn't have much luck using the video on a digital camera instead of a webcam. I'll try more later! Sculptris looks very cool. It looks (...) (14 years ago, 29-Sep-10, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Announcing LSculpt 0.5.0

(...) Excellent! To the palette of tools you mention on LSculpt webpage, I'd like to add (URL) DAVID laser scanner> to build your own meshes. The free version is perfectly usable (but you'll need Meshlab to assemble the scans in a single mesh). A (...) (14 years ago, 29-Sep-10, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Announcing LSculpt 0.5.0

Hi Bram, Looks stunning. Downloading now! Now if I could find some more time for LEGO I could actually build the horse I sculpted with the earlier version of LSculpt. (URL) Jaco (14 years ago, 29-Sep-10, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Announcing LSculpt 0.5.0

(URL) At Bricks by the Bay 2010 in Fremont, CA, I gave a (URL) presentation> on LSculpt, a program I wrote a few years ago to convert 3D models into Lego surfaces. After the presentation, (URL) Remi Gagne> offered to help me create a graphical (...) (14 years ago, 29-Sep-10, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, FTX) !

  Re: LDraw BFC Tool

(...) SNIP If I am right, this file would have error messages with L3P and DATHeader as the two lines are identical. So one line has to be deleted. cu mikeheide (14 years ago, 23-Aug-10, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: LDraw BFC Tool

(...) If such things exist in BFC-certified parts, then they are obviously wrong, but won't necessarily be visible. It's obviously an error condition, so having the program detect it seems just to be a useful feature to me. I don't see why there (...) (14 years ago, 20-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw BFC Tool

(...) Your guess is as good as mine. Hopefully Nils is reading and can answer it via me. Tim (14 years ago, 20-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw BFC Tool

(...) Double sided part? I don't get it at all. Two identical references to a primitive, and the first is preceded by a BCF INVERTNEXT instruction. How will it look after being changed to single-sided? Has there been any discussions on this issue so (...) (14 years ago, 20-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw BFC Tool

(...) Hi, I like to introduce version 1.7.0.5 Beta of the BFC-Tool (it is necessary to update the information on the downloads section on ldraw.org): New features: Changed required .NET Framework from 3.5 to Framework 2.0 Added "What's (...) (14 years ago, 20-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: LDraw BFC Tool

(...) snip (...) Thanks! You have no idea how many times I've forgotten to attach attachments to emails! Same thing! Kevin (14 years ago, 17-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Bricksmith 2.4: Faster. Much Faster.

(...) <snip> (...) Wow, this is amazing. I had no idea you could do these kinds of things with shaders. Like Don I too think it's time for me to get a good book/document on using shaders in OpenGL. Thanks for the revelation. Roland (14 years ago, 16-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Bricksmith 2.4: Faster. Much Faster.

(...) Hoo...that takes me back! :-) Doing the second shader was a bit of a blast from the past, actually - it's over 10 years since I last wrote assembler in anger! Alex (14 years ago, 16-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Bricksmith 2.4: Faster. Much Faster.

(...) ... Wow, that is simple. It looks just like the description of the algorithm in the LDRAW specs. I haven't felt this old since manipulating the colormap for animation went outta style. :^) Thanks for sharing, Don (14 years ago, 16-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Bricksmith 2.4: Faster. Much Faster.

(...) Actually, it's even simpler! This is the code for the geometry-shader: #version 120 #extension GL_NV_geometry_shader4 : enable varying out vec4 gl_TexCoord[]; float determinant(mat2 m) { return m[0][0] * m[1][1] - m[0][1] * m[1][0]; } void (...) (14 years ago, 16-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Bricksmith 2.4: Faster. Much Faster.

(...) Ah ha! Yet another reason to read that vertex-shader book. So, are you suggesting running this algorithm on the graphics card (with counters for the vertices instead counting pixels in the stencil buffer) or perhaps some other algorithm? (...) (14 years ago, 16-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact