 CAD / Development / *8355 (-20)
  Re: LDraw.org Tutorials - Categorization, Storage, Indexing, etc...

(...) Here's my ONE nit-pick about PDF I'll make before switching over to the Acrobat Cheerleader Side (tm) :-, The rasterizer makes text hard to read. It either anti-alises the text too much making it look fuzzy and giving me eyestrain headaches, (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw.org Tutorials - Categorization, Storage, Indexing, etc...

(...) and all the non-windows uses can just forget about it? tsk tsk. :) Dan (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw.org Tutorials - Categorization, Storage, Indexing, etc...

I just meant to say that Acrobat Reader isn't so speedy. Microsoft handles HTML files, natively, so it's a little bit quicker on the fly than Acrobat. Maybe there's some LINUX or Mac analogue? Then, you wouldn't have to format for three different (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw.org Tutorials - Categorization, Storage, Indexing, etc...

(...) Well sure, what plug-in doesn't? You're splitting the resources of the processor to deliver content within a framework already delivering content, all while connected to the Internet! (And the interface just requires learning...it's fairly (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw.org Tutorials - Categorization, Storage, Indexing, etc...

(...) <sarcasm> That must be why Mercator releases all documentation as PDF first. We like our tens of thousands of pages of docs spread across dozens of manuals to be on a lousy interface that's slow. </sarcasm> Michael, it may be more fruitful to (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw.org Tutorials - Categorization, Storage, Indexing, etc...

(...) Th interface is lowsy, the browser slows down my system. (...) That sure does say a lot, doesn't it? (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model

"Sproaticus" <jsproat@io.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:GrBy72.EJI@lugnet.com... (...) Conclusion: The LineType-classes are wrapper classes for the lines in the dat files. Simple in- and output methods are included, also simple transforming (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw.org Tutorials - Categorization, Storage, Indexing, etc...

(...) Ummm...no. (...) Hmmm...seems like someone needs to spend the 2.5 minutes learning what Acrobat Reader does. Properly created PDF files are compact, quick and infinately cross-platform...perfectly formatted and ready to print via the greatest (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  LDraw.org editing

I've been tooling around with the LDraw.org website. See if you like it. www.geocities.com/Ar.../LDraw.htm -Mike (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw.org Tutorials - Categorization, Storage, Indexing, etc...

Yeah, but .PDF sucks. It's slow, you never know what's going to happen if you press a button. Microsoft Help would be better for Windows users. -Mike (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: OS 8.6

(...) OK. Are you basically saying we shouldn't try to get ldglite to work on Mac OS 8/9 and instead focus on BrickDraw3D? That is fine with me. I know Don wants his application to work on as much platforms as possible, but he has also said that it (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: OS 8.6

On OS versions: It costs time and effort that you don't have, to try to support more than one configuration. Forget about it. BrickDraw3D is targeted at OS 9. I'm not going to test it or investigate problems on a slew of older configurations. 8.6 is (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Call for Developer Discussion

Hey everyone! It was a lot of fun casually chatting about the needs and the potential of the LCD. Now its time to get down in the dirt and see it become a reality. KACS and LAD have put a TON of energy and effort into this, and it seems to be a (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.lcd)

  Re: Mac OS 8.6

(...) Maybe you should downloaded the CW-5 project of macLDGLite .5 (URL) don't know why I didn't think of that earlier... You will also probably need the OpenGL 1.0 SDK to get it to compile with as little effort as possible. (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LDraw.org Tutorials - Categorization, Storage, Indexing, etc...

"Michael Horvath" <mikehorvath@juno.com> wrote in message news:GrCL99.n5B@lugnet.com... (...) Interesting thought, but I would *much* rather see these formatted to Adobe PDF first if we're exporting them off of the site at all. In fact, I think PDF (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Mac OS 8.6

(...) A little bit of everything. The CW-5 IDE did not like some of the CW-7 project settings because they were newer than the CW-5 compiler could understand, so it tried to set them back to default. That should have been a good thing, but something (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Anyone considered Java?

(...) Java3D won't necessarily be in the picture; the discussion you linked to has addressed the need for flexibility in this issue. The plan here is two-fold: make it cross-platform and make it an extensible framework. It's not so much about (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Anyone considered Java?

(...) Bummer. (...) About the time issue. I think that describes everyone. I guess my solution to that is to keep this as decentralized as possible, or rather keep everything on the list. That way, when someone sees some way they can help, they can (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Anyone considered Java?

(...) I'm pretty sure that Java3D requires Java 2, which is MacOS X only. I'm a professional (11 years) software developer and have been doing Java for 2-3 years. I'd love to help out with any project going on. Unfortunately my free time varies (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LDraw.org Tutorials - Categorization, Storage, Indexing, etc...

I thought it would be a good idea if the tutorials were available for download in Microsoft Help format. I slapped one up onto the web as an example. Check it out. Here's the URL: (URL) also thought that writing tutorials to fit in Microsoft Help (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact