 CAD / Development / *8335 (-20)
  Re: Anyone considered Java?

Yeah, I am writing using Java myself. However, nobody who volunteered to help said they knew Java. I don't think Java3D is on Mac OS 9 either. Does anyone know? I am not even sure where to look to find out. (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Mac OS 8.6

Ray, What are your problems? Maybe we could compare. I have CW 7.0. I haven't actually built from scratch a large project like this. But I do know that you have to have the OpenGL SDK and must define Mac. Wiz said this to me about how this is done (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Anyone considered Java?

I did some nosing around looking at the Java3D library with the thought of doing a LEGO CAD application. It looks like it might be very easy to teach Java3D to render dat/ldr files. They seem to have some sort of built in file reading mechanism (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: need help w/ name (set #4817)

(...) So, unless someone else chimes in, it looks like these will be the names: 970p4b Minifig Hips with Leather Belt/Straps Pattern 971p4b Minifig Leg Right with Leather Belt/Straps Pattern 972p4b Minifig Leg Left with Leather Belt/Straps Pattern (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Minifig Hair Female

Since the last official parts update, I have relished the ability to put hair on my male minifigures. I humbly request that if anyone would be willing/able, that he would make some Minifig Hair Female. Best regards to all, and thanks. --Ryan (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model

(...) Yes, What you're describing does sound like BFC to me. As someone else (travis I think?) said, BFC is a useful optimiziation for reducing the number of surfaces that need to be drawn. But it's not the same thing I was talking about. BFC (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LUGNET CAD Group Structure (Was: Re: LDraw.org Tutorials - What to include)

"Jeroen de Haan" <jeroendehaan@mac.com> wrote in message news:GrBy90.Eqx@lugnet.com... (...) I think we'll compartamentalize that restrict that info to the RNDR series. (...) Before thinking of that, the structure of the lugnet.cad.* heirarchy needs (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad)

  Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model

(...) Ok. Up until now I've been under the impression we were trying to come up with a pure interface definition, independent of any particular language, platform, or implementation. When I asked if they weren't all abstract, I was envisioning (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model

(...) I can definately see the benefits of a standard library interface. Even an implementation might have a lot of uses. I just think that you will get the best design for the interface, if you forget about how you or anyone implemented it in the (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Mac OS 8.6

(...) Am trying to compile this, but having more than a few problems using CW-Pro-5. Anyone with experience compiling this (any vers of CW), email me and maybe we can work around the diffs between CW-Pro-5 and CW-Pro-7.2. TIA, Ray (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LDraw.org Tutorials - What to include

(...) Turning lights into shadowless lights is already beging covered. I suggest you try to focus on just the basics for 100 level tutorials. Think of the user as someone who is afriad to even touch the MOUSE. Just show him/her the basics to get a (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Mac OS 8.6

(...) The readme file on Apple's OpenGL site specifies that MacOS 8.1 is the minimum requirement for OpenGL, so that may end up being the base release that we can run on. Ray (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model

(...) Backface culling (BFC) is what you are describing, but it isn't what Kyle was asking for :-). In traditional realtime 3D rendering, polygons only have one side. The back side is literally non-existent. It doesn't get drawn at all. This is (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model

(...) Well, while I haven't tried it, I'm fairly sure that my implementation of MPD-handling in LDView would happily load an MPD file as a subfile of another MPD file or a dat file. :-) --Travis Cobbs (tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDMC News Digest (To Get The Ball Rolling)

(...) First, I'll preface this by saying that I'm not a Mac owner, and I've never really used Mac OS X. Having said that, I think the mock-up looks amazing, but I do have one complaint. While I don't have anything against the Aqua interface, it is (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Mac OS 8.6

(...) Yes, 8.6, apparently with the OpenGL 1.2.1 components (I must have installed these when I was trying out BrickDraw 3D). My suggestion would be to make 7.6.1 your base target. That release was reasonably stable, earlier releases had varying (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LDraw.org Tutorials - What to include

Hi all, For the RNDR 101 and CONV 101 should I include some basic POV-Ray editing (colours, background, turning lights in to shadowless lights) or is that more a RNDR201 thing? And can we have a lugnet.cad.tutorial group? or is that a bit too much? (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model

(...) The way I designed my stuff is that the code in the linetype classes manage the objects they contain -- mostly just allocation, serialization and stringification of a matrix or a list of vectors. However, any rendering or parsing behavior is (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Introductions

(...) Thanks Barney! I cobbled that together in Photoshop out of elements from iMovie, QuickTime Player, and iTunes, as a way to illustrate some of my ideas for the ultimate functionality I think "the" Mac editor should have (were everyone to (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Mac OS 8.6

You are using Mac OS 8.6, right? So we can be pretty sure that anything compiled for 9.x will work on 8.6. I know that one goal is to get an editor that works back to 7.1 (or 7.6) so that kids can use it at schools. Anyway, no need to worry about (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact