 CAD / Development / 6884
Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 19:18:34 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
OTOH, the datfile format has been extended to simulate a single-depth
container of datfiles.  Most LDraw tools correctly handle DATs and MPDs when
you use them as input.  But with any of these tools, just try to put an MPD
partname in a line type 1 and things start to break.

This tells me that DATs and MPDs are different animals, and unrelated to
type 1 lines.

Well, while I haven't tried it, I'm fairly sure that my implementation of
MPD-handling in LDView would happily load an MPD file as a subfile of
another MPD file or a dat file. :-)

--Travis Cobbs (tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com)