 CAD / Development / 6876
Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 06:55:21 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Kyle McDonald writes:
Actually this brings up a different issue. I haven't put alot of thought
into it yet, but I think it would be useful to add information in the
part files that would allow a program to differentiate between geometry
that represents 'outside' walls and features, and 'inside' walls and
features.

IIRC (and I wish I could find the reference) the LDraw spec does support this.

It depends on the order of the points in the polygon; e.g. clockwise points
out, counterclockwise points in.  Or something like that.

But last I heard of this, there were a lot of LDraw parts that had
improperly-coded lines, so I dunno what the state of the whole thing is.

Backface culling or BFC?  Is that what I was remembering?  Arg.  Something
the parts authors were talking about, anyway...

Cheers,
- jsproat