 CAD / Development / *1575 (-20)
  L3PB Problems

I finally got everything running on my system again... I'm using the new L3Pb version, and I've noticed that on the bounding box line I sometimes get a lot of extranous crap on the line which causes POV to choke... it does a line wrap.. I can delete (...) (25 years ago, 1-May-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: DAT files

(...) First thing, you have to get LDraw. It is freely available: (URL) is quite a bit to download there, and you will need to make sure you get all required files. If you have a computer *faster* than 200mhz, you will need to run a patch on the (...) (25 years ago, 1-May-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  DAT files

I am new to LDraw, and I would like to know how to use the DAT files posted to these groups. Any response would be greatly appreciated!! D M Garcia (25 years ago, 1-May-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [LDAO] Could a few people test something, please?

(...) I get: ---...--- Run-time error '5': Invalid procedure call or argument ---...--- Could this be because I don't have a vec directory? I have a P166 with 32RAM. While you're fixig bugs, could you do something about the way LDAO screws up (...) (25 years ago, 1-May-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: lugnet.cad hierarhcy

(...) One of my talents as a UI-guy is to be able to forget things like that and go into situations fresh. (Maybe I did too much LDS at Berkeley. ;-) (...) True, even with discussions in the .dat groups, there will still be the occasional need, to (...) (25 years ago, 30-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: lugnet.cad hierarhcy

(...) Yup, I think that's the right idea*. Models can be posted to the groups and links can be made from outside the groups into the data inside the groups, and that's how the true repository can be built. At first glance, that sounds kind of gross, (...) (25 years ago, 30-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: [LDAO] Could a few people test something, please?

!!Additional Notes!! 1. VECCheck will leave two DOS windows hanging out. You should be able to safely close these. 2. The final two reported items, Outdated Parts and Outdated VEC, will always be reported as true. You can't check these, sorry. Steve (...) (25 years ago, 30-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  [LDAO] Could a few people test something, please?

Hi all LDAO users! I'm working on some new stuff for LDAO (usually true), and I need to know how well it runs on other people's machines (since I'm told not everyone has a PII-450 with 128MB). I've put together small test program for everyone to run (...) (25 years ago, 30-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [Part] 3841.dat Minifig Tool Pickaxe

(...) improving (...) the (...) lines (...) me (...) of (...) One (...) Thank you, John Van and Terry for the valuable comments. It seems to me that it worths to incorporate your suggestions into the part. I going to resubmit it with the suggested (...) (25 years ago, 30-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  (Was: "~moved to" files)

I have not followed this thread so carefully (either) but I think if we ever move wheel- or tyre file, we should use one x~z direction, prefarably the current most commonly used. I find it quite frustration that wheels don't point the same way. Or (...) (25 years ago, 30-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: "~moved to" files and parts.lst

(...) Sure do. I just did not make the mental connection between that idea and inlining parts during an "update parts" process. As I recall, updating of parts was the primary reason not to do this. Steve's idea for inlining the part would solve that (...) (25 years ago, 30-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: "~moved to" files and parts.lst

(...) Ah..... Now I see your point. That would be a valuable feature, if we moved a part slightly using the ~moved to file. And it would have no affect on a part that has not been re-positioned in the ~moved to file. While an interestion conjecture, (...) (25 years ago, 30-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: lugnet.cad hierarhcy

(...) Yes. I'm thinking that the safest & quickest (at runtime) approach will be to embed a special header into the NNTP article stream just as it's being injected by the newsserver (similar to the way the default Followup-To field is automatically (...) (25 years ago, 30-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Unofficial Part: 30357

(...) OK, then before I finish this part, could we have a quick discussion on this among the Parts Authors? (1) (...) Big help. I get it now. Thanks :) --Karim [1] "I was not elected to watch my pieces suffer and DIE while you discuss this (...) (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: lugnet.cad hierarhcy

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message news:MPG.11916e86f5f...net.com... (...) Once the LDLite/web interface thing got going, I stopped viewing models from the newsreader. The other day, I decided that was kinda dumb because it only (...) (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: [Part] 3841.dat Minifig Tool Pickaxe

(...) This is a line-wrap problem with the posting. When the lines are "unwrapped," the part is complete. Paul, is there any chance a future version of LDLite could accomodate this problem the way LDraw can? -John Van (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: lugnet.cad hierarhcy

This is an interesting discussion. I think it points out both the many different technologies and interfaces people are using to access the newsgroups, and the different viewing habits we have developed based on the interfaces we use and our (...) (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: [Part] 3841.dat Minifig Tool Pickaxe

(...) Hmmm. Someone didn't view in Ldlite or else my file is messed up because in Ldlite I only get color on the center of the handle. But other than that it is great. The shape looks perfect. Ryan "Build or build not. There is no try." - Lego (...) (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: lugnet.cad hierarhcy

(...) Netscape has this feature. In the header section of a ng message window, there is a line called References, which has a comma-delimited list of links to messages previous to the current one. Cheers, - jsproat (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: lugnet.cad hierarhcy

(...) Pretty strong. I have given up for now looking for real content on news://news.povray.o...cene-files because 95%+ of the messages are nothing but discussion, requests, and flames (not the POVRay kind, unfortunately). (...) Nope. Murphey's Law (...) (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact