 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 2155
Re: Rough Slope
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Mon, 1 Jan 2001 16:23:19 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Amnon Silverstein writes:
Here is a closeup of the wreaker with rough angle bricks, and the new dat file
I used for the rough effect. It is a subtle change, but you can tell the
difference.

http://www.best.com/~amnon/Homepage/Games/wreaker.jpg

This looks a LOT more like the effect I'm looking for. (BTW I think it's
wrecker, not wreaker)

Now that we know what the benefits are (and if you have any doubts you
should go compare the original model, a beauty of a heavy truck, with this
improved version. The roughness makes a vast difference), it would be nice
to determine a way to do it that does not require that you use the L3P and
POVRay combination (I don't, for example, I use L3Lab), or LEOCad. Something
general would be the approach I'd advocate.

Amnon, thanks for demonstrating what's possible.

++Lar