 CAD / 8002
Re: LD4DModeler 1.0 Beta 1 now available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 16 May 2002 19:57:12 GMT

I will write an aniactions 'guide' or something for the release of Beta
2 because you are right it a bit vague.

But for the inc, in short:

increases the coordinates with the given value over 'speed' ms for a
period of 'timespan'. You can use spinup time to give the time to full
speed, e.g. for a accelerating wheel on a car. Or the opposite spindown
for slowing down.

Absolute or not determines if the coordinates will be added to the
current value or will OVERWRITE the current value. If you're using
relative values make sure you've got a valid reset action or your model
will spin out of control because it will inc faster and faster, funny
sight though :)

Using partpoints for other tasks then joints is all ready high on my
wish list for   future beta's. Using them as rotation point is the first
to be incorporated.

PS: Thanks for the link.

Roland

Anders Isaksson wrote:

Could you elaborate a bit on the different options, especially for 'Inc'.

Would it be possible to set the rotation-center of a model (differing from
the coordinates zero in the .dat file)? One of my models was built
'down-under' and behaved very interesting on rotations, I had to realign the
whole model in MLCad to put zero where I wanted the rotation center.
(Or perhaps this can be faked with an invisible part, and a joint...)

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery/index.htm