 CAD / 7941
Re: LD4DModeler 1.0 Beta 1 now available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 12 May 2002 22:24:42 GMT

"rmelkert" <rmelkert@_remove_chello.nl> skrev i meddelandet

http://members.ams.chello.nl/rmelkert/LD4DModeler/

OK, now I've managed all the steps from a model in MLCad to a moving
animation.

My model had only three joined parts (two joints) so it's not very
complicated, but I still had a lot of trouble in the beginning understanding
what to do.

It was not (for me) obvious which part would be the moving one after
creating a joint, and I had a h*** of a time trying to rotate the model in
'partpoint' setting mode. Of course I should have realized that only the
camera controls were functional, but I didn't until after many, many
tries...

Also, for some reason, only two of my three parts were shown for a long
time - I tried (almost) everything, deleting joints and adding them again,
deleting all the parts and adding everything again, etc. etc.

Then, suddenly, all three parts were shown, and I'm not sure what I did!
Maybe it was switching 'Model Master Part' back and forth between my three
parts...

Sorry for not having any definitive step to reproduce the problem, but I
really don't know why there was a problem, or what I did to fix it.

Conclusion: When I had learnt the controls, and made all the beginners
errors, it was quite easy to create the animation, but the learning curve
was (for me) steep. A step-by-step introduction would be welcome for the
final product.

I'm still not sure I understand the different options in the animation
editor, I've totally relied on 'Relative' movement over a defined time. The
other variants doesn't do what I expect, so I don't know how to use them.

Next step: Multi model animation...

BTW: Do you have any tip on which encoder is best to use for .avi files?

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery/index.htm