 CAD / 6407
Re: New Lego Technic avi
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 08:25:22 GMT

Tore Eriksson <tore.eriksson@mbox325.swipnet.se> writes:

My experience with animated GIFs is that the higher resolution, the
slower they go.

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean by that.  With animated
GIFs, you can set manually the delay between each frame.  So you
control the speed yourself.  Do you mean that large GIFs are slower
because they take more CPU to display?

With my limited experience, I prefer to reduce colour depth to 256
using nearest color, *no diffusion or dithering*.

I think it is important to not use dithering when reducing the number
of colours for an animation.  The use of dithering will cause a lot of
extra noise in the animation, and it take up a lot of extra space.

BTW, it looks like you are typing fairly long lines and that they are
being line wrapped when you post.  This makes your posts somewhat hard
to read.  I think you would benefit from composing posts with lines
that are a bit shorter, preferable shorter than 72 characters.

Fredrik