 CAD / 6406
RE: New Lego Technic avi
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 04:51:13 GMT

Tore Eriksson writes:
Nice try. I almost believed that it would work.
I Downloaded, began full installation, then at the end of
installation: two error messages and system hung up.
After restart,I started The Playa, two new error messages.
(Tranlated from Swedish):

1. THEPLAYA.EXE is linked to export, DDRAW.DLL:DirectCreateEx
that does not exist
2. C:\...\ThePlaya.exe. A unit connected to the computer does not work.

The song remains the same.

Hmm, worked for me...
Actually, it's not that simple either...when I first installed DivX 4,
Windows Media Player refused to play DivX 3 encoded AVI files, which was
unfortunate since AVI is associated with Media Player.  So I had to
uninstall DivX 4, reboot, and reinstall DivX 4, hitting "No" for the "use
DivX 4 player for earlier version codec" (or something like that).  It all
works fine now (except that the Playa seems a bit buggy when returning from
full screen).  I didn't have any problem installing and getting it to run,
tho.  I've rarely had problems playing other video files either...Media
Player seems to do a pretty good job downloading new codecs on its own.
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht
bram@cwru.edu
http://bldesign.org/