 CAD / 6398
Re: New Lego Technic avi
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 2 Sep 2001 23:28:02 GMT

That worked better. It is not bad at all.

There is something I don't like with avi, mpeg, and all these codecs. It has nothing to do with your animation, though.
The quality of the pictures is seldom even acceptable and never really satisfactory.

I remeber my 386/16/8. I bought the first generation of Sound Blaster to it, and along with the sound card, there was a
free DOS animation software called PC Animate. You can add .voc sound files, it has tweening and blueing functions. I
uses gif compression = 0% quality loss, and the only limitation is the 256 colours. But you could make quite impressive
animations on my system with 8 Mb RAM and only 16 MHz 386 processor.

Yes, today you can make *much* longer animations, in true color, but many of them look like crap due to the compression.
Watch them in full screen mode and you feel sick. I'm not impressed. Not impressed at all.

And all these codecs here and codecs there. I don't use bad language, but when it comes to codec, I'm very tempted to
make an exception. "Attempting... Downloading... Installing... Unable to find correct decoder...". Been there, anyone?

With 30 times higher clock frequences and many more operations per clock, 16 times more memory and not to speak of how
much more disk space we have - arrgh, I'm frustrated. C'mon, impress me!

No Eduardo, this is not addressed to you. I like your helicopter. I really do. it's just that... never mind.

/Tore

Eduardo Vazquez wrote:

here is the new avi in a different codec.

    http://blake.prohosting.com/~eduv/8024a_1.zip