 CAD / 6129
Re: Question about posting DAT files here
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 21:01:48 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Mark Chittenden writes:
OMG - THE Steve Bliss answers my post?? "I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!"

OK, guys, let's keep this one around for awhile. ;)

Like Tim said, we're all just regular people around here.

(reminds me of a post I made a couple of years ago, about something *the*
Todd Lehman posted. :)

Well, I'm REALLY new to this LDRAW/MLCad stuff, but am willing to learn and
not
repeat the errors of my ignorance. BTW - I looked around, but could you point
me to where I can find these "official shield files" - I'm assuming you're
talking about some sort of specs sheet and not one of the actual DAT files of
the shields that are already in LDRAW? (I've looked at the few 'pre-printed'
pieces in the LDRAW parts library, but as yet can't make heads or tails or
coats of arms from the DATs files).

Yeah, I meant the actual DAT files.  Specifically, 3846.dat.  If you look in
there, you'll see the first command is a reference to file s\3846s01.dat.
That file draws the entire backside of the shield.

I don't think the ovoid shield is setup the same way.  Hold on, I'll check.
Oh, hey, yes it is!  Chris Dee, you rock! :)

Steve