 CAD / 6120
Re: Question about posting DAT files here
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 05:32:51 GMT

OMG - THE Steve Bliss answers my post?? "I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!"

Well, I'm REALLY new to this LDRAW/MLCad stuff, but am willing to learn and not
repeat the errors of my ignorance. BTW - I looked around, but could you point
me to where I can find these "official shield files" - I'm assuming you're
talking about some sort of specs sheet and not one of the actual DAT files of
the shields that are already in LDRAW? (I've looked at the few 'pre-printed'
pieces in the LDRAW parts library, but as yet can't make heads or tails or
coats of arms from the DATs files).

Mark C, the (extremely) new kid on the CAD block...

In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.cad, Mark Chittenden wrote:

I'm new to LDRAW/MLCad, and using BMP2LDRAW32 'created' some 'skins' for
shields. I'm working on 'recreating' the shield patterns that are not (yet?)
in the LDRAW parts list. My question - when I'm ready to post my DAT files
here, should I post the base piece DAT file and the skin piece DAT file
seperately? Or combine the seperate files into a single DAT file (using a
text editor to copy & past one file into the bottom of the other)?

Hoo, boy.  Look at the existing official shield files for info about how
to structure your files.  There's a subfile line you can use to put the
shield behind your pattern.

Generally, yes, you'd post your dats to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.

Just so you know, BMP2DAT conversions aren't the preferred way to do
patterns.  But they are a lot easier to generate than actually drawing
the pattern.

Steve