 CAD / 6121
Re: Question about posting DAT files here
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 06:32:46 GMT

"Mark Chittenden" <mdublade@aol.com> wrote in message
OMG - THE Steve Bliss answers my post?? "I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!"

We're all just regular guys (and gals) here, as I know Steve would attest as
well.

Well, I'm REALLY new to this LDRAW/MLCad stuff, but am willing to learn and • not
repeat the errors of my ignorance. BTW - I looked around, but could you point
me to where I can find these "official shield files" - I'm assuming you're
talking about some sort of specs sheet and not one of the actual DAT files of
the shields that are already in LDRAW?

I take it you're referring to Castle shields?  They're under 'Minifig Shield
Triangular' and currently there are patterns for Black Falcons and Wolfpack,
along with another pattern I'm not familiar with.

(I've looked at the few 'pre-printed'
pieces in the LDRAW parts library, but as yet can't make heads or tails or
coats of arms from the DATs files).

If you're looking at them, then I don't quite understand your question.  Those
are the 'official shield files' -- they're shields, and they're in the official
parts update.

Mark C, the (extremely) new kid on the CAD block...

Welcome!
--

Tim Courtney - tim@ldraw.org