 CAD / 513
Re: Submission format for new parts? (Was: Error in 71427.dat)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 07:11:58 GMT

On Thu, 14 Jan 1999 10:28:15 GMT, sparre@sys-323.risoe.dk (Jacob Sparre
Andersen) wrote:

Terry K (legoverse@geocities.com) wrote:

But you're right about it being better to send as an attachment.
Personally, I like zip files as an attachment.  Those seem to be
pretty secure from handling and transit induced errors.

Besides, I hate having to 'select all', then copy and paste, then trim
excess garbage.  Especially if there are a lot of files.

What is your opinion on getting the part files formatted as
a MPD file (so SplitMPD can remove the "garbage" for you)?

Play well,

Jacob (I want to make a part too)

To be honest Jacob, I don't have MPD.  When you first made it, I tried it and
had problems getting it to work.  And never did go back and try it again.
So the few times I have had to split a MPD file, it was using a text editor
where I can mark and save blocks of text.
But I can't see how it could possible be easier than a zip file - at least for
me.  The emailer recognizes the zip file, saves it where I want it, and I unzip
it simply by double-clicking on it.

-- Terry K --