 CAD / 4116
Re: curved train track
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 20:52:18 GMT

"Manfred Moolhuysen" <moom@nospamchello.nl> wrote in message
news:Fx8pw6.DGu@lugnet.com...

Ofcourse, I was hoping that some new evidece would come up. Chris, thank • you
for offering to send me scans, but if Frank says that the part is • *exactly*
like the old blue tapered track, I believe his (and your) word on it.
The main thing is that, from an Ldraw point of view, it's not another
incarnation of the straight track part. It just has another color, so we • don't
have to write a "3228c" part file for it.

Okay I doublechecked it, and I have to admit that I was wrong... The grey
track piece is different, I took some pictures with my digital camera and
I'll put them online.

Do the small trainweels of the crane run smooth enough on those • alternative
tracks ? I imagine that the tapered ends could cause a bit of a bumpy ride • at
the location of the seems.

Funny, the 4555 crane wheels never crosses the seams, since it can't move
that much...

-Frank