 CAD / 3512
Re: l3p hates me
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 11:01:33 GMT

Doug Glasnapp wrote...
In lugnet.cad, Patricia Schempp writes:

anyway, one last
question, where do i need to put l3pao.exe so I don't get "runtime error "76"
PATH not found" ?

I am recieving this error(runtime error 76, path not found) every time I try
and run L3PAO after I have gone and reinstalled the whole
ldraw+l3p+ldao+l3lab+ldlite+mlcad+l3pao package.  I have l3p in a PATHed dir,
and LDRAWDIR set in the environment varibles.  I am running Windows 2000, and
I dont recall this happening when i was using 98.  If anyone has found a
answer to this problem, or the info is somewhere in a FAQ of some sort, or in
another place I would be very thankful.
Thanks,
Doug

The first time I ran L3PAO I also got this runtime error 76:

L3PAO
Run-time error '76':
Path not found

Since it didn't tell which path it could not find, I ran this great
program from http://www.ntinternals.com called Filemon. I can monitor
every file being opened/read/written in Windows and any application.
I started Filemon and then double-clicked on l3pao.exe again.
And I could see that L3PAO failed to open %BaseDirectory%/L3P !

I don't know if Jeff fixed this, L3PAO should not rely on the existance
of such a directory.

But you can try creating a new (and empty) directory named L3P in the
LDraw directory.
/Lars