 CAD / 2177
Re: l3p hates me
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 18:00:25 GMT

First thing to check, this sounds like the problem I was having.. l3p
can't find your pov-ray directory to save the files into.. POV has to be
in a 8.3 dos type name format.. of course this means reinstalling it..
and I'd use a very short name.. my directory is just POV no spaces, no
more than 8 chars...
Then the next step I'd take is get L3PAO.. it's a godsend when it comes
to changing the commands for L3P..  you can find the AO at
http://www.flash.net/~onyx/L3PAO/L3PAO.html

Good Luck!!!
Tamy

Patricia Schempp wrote:

Ok, its probably because I'm a dos dummy.  I'm sure this is a simple
answer, but I'd really appreciate help.  Using win98, I got Ledit/Ldraw
going fine, got l3p, edited my autoexec.bat with set LDRAWDIR =D:Ldraw,
and now I'm stumped.  I've been putting all the programs on my d: drive.

How do I get l3p to convert to pov?  I openend the dos prompt, went to
the l3p directory, typed l3p filename.dat (I didn't actually type
filename :) )and ain't nothing happend but I got the l3p commands. What
am I doing wrong here?  And where will the pov file be found once I do
it right?

Thanks for the help,
Patricia Schempp