 CAD / 2185
Re: l3p hates me
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 20:57:57 GMT

On Thu, 8 Jul 1999 20:30:34 GMT, Patricia Schempp <pschemp@clemson.edu>
wrote:

Ok, its probably because I'm a dos dummy.  I'm sure this is a simple
answer, but I'd really appreciate help.  Using win98, I got Ledit/Ldraw
going fine, got l3p, edited my autoexec.bat with set LDRAWDIR =D:Ldraw,
and now I'm stumped.  I've been putting all the programs on my d: drive.

Is the entry in autoexec.bat like:
set LDRAWDIR =D:\Ldraw
or is it
set LDRAWDIR=D:\Ldraw
?

It should be more like the second entry.  In particular, avoid spaces
around the equal sign, and be sure there's a backslash after the D:.

How do I get l3p to convert to pov?  I openend the dos prompt, went to
the l3p directory, typed l3p filename.dat (I didn't actually type
filename :) )and ain't nothing happend but I got the l3p commands. What
am I doing wrong here?  And where will the pov file be found once I do
it right?

Did you reboot after making the change to autoexec?  That's a requirement.

Does l3p give you an error message at the end of its output:
*** Cannot find model file 'filename.dat'.
?  If it does, there's probably a path problem.  Otherwise, the problem
lies elsewhere.

The POV file will be in the current directory.

Steve