 CAD / 2193
Re: l3p hates me
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 17:25:54 GMT

On Fri, 9 Jul 1999 19:21:44 GMT, Patricia Schempp <pschemp@clemson.edu>
wrote:

Thank you to everyone who is helping me!  It makes me happy that people are
willing to do this.  :)  Hmm.... The problem may be that when I go into dos
and type edit c:\autoexec.bat I get an empty file in the editor.  My
computer shows it, and explorer says there is nothing in it either.  No
wonder I couldn't find it.  Is there a setting that is preventing me from
editing this? The other autoexec has all the information is it, it just
doesn't change anything when I edit that.

It's not surprising that your autoexec.bat is empty.  Well, a little
surprising, but not super-surprising.

You should be able to edit c:\autoexec.bat in any text editor.  In Windows,
run the sysedit program (also opens some other important files, but
autoexec.bat should be on the top).  Enter the commands, and save them.

If you can't save c:\autoexec.bat, it's probably set to read-only.  You can
change this by locating c:\autoexec.bat in Explorer (double-click My
Computer on the desktop, double-click the C: drive icon).  Right-click on
autoexec.bat, and choose Properties.  On the Properties dialog, be sure the
Read-Only checkbox is *cleared*.  Then click OK.

Steve