 CAD / 16825
Re: LDraw.org Localisation Guideline ratified
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 10 Jan 2010 16:27:10 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Ross Crawford wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Jetro de Chateau wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Philippe Hurbain wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Michael Heidemann wrote:
The LSC has just ratified the LDraw.org Localisation Guideline.
It should be a guideline for implementing localisations for the LDraw System of
Tools.

Read more here: http://www.ldraw.org/Article560.html

Any chance to see this implemented into tools (eg. MLCad...) or website (Peeron,
Bricklink) in a foreseeable future?

Philo

That was exactly the question that came up in my community when I started a
discussion about this. 99% of the people who use LDraw use Bricklink. Only a
small percentage of the people who use BL also use LDraw. Consequently it
doesn't seem to make much sense to go through all the work of creating a good
translation and learning to use them if afterwards you need to re-translate
everything back into English to be able to buy the parts you lack on BL.

Note that tools like BrickStore allow you to translate LDraw -> BL using part
number mapping.

ROSCO

How do I do this with Brickstore to show the translated names?? I did not find
any possibility in Brickstore.

cu
mikeheide