 CAD / 16793
  LDraw.org Localisation Guideline ratified

The LSC has just ratified the LDraw.org Localisation Guideline. It should be a guideline for implementing localisations for the LDraw System of Tools. Read more here: (URL) Heidemann On behalf of the LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC) (14 years ago, 7-Jan-10, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  Gubbhuvud! (Var: LDraw.org Localisation Guideline ratified)

(...) Om man skulle tänka sig en svensk version - vilket jag finner tämligen onödigt med tanke på att vi så gott som tänker på engelska i LEGO-sammanhang - men alltså om... vad skulle t ex "minifig" bli på svenska? "LEGO-gubbe" har jag hört nå'n (...) (14 years ago, 7-Jan-10, to lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: Gubbhuvud! (Var: LDraw.org Localisation Guideline ratified)

(...) Jag säger bara en sak: Behåll engelska benämningar! Om man absolut skall börja översätta så är mina åsikter av typen: minifig - minifigur (till skillnad mod Technicfigur, Scalafigur etc.) studs - knoppar el. pluppar brick - kloss plate - (...) (14 years ago, 7-Jan-10, to lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: Gubbhuvud! (Var: LDraw.org Localisation Guideline ratified)

(...) Oh, PLEASE tell me you're thinking of translating "Minifig" as "Mini-figure". That would be SUCH an improvement! :-) -- joshuaD (14 years ago, 7-Jan-10, to lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: Gubbhuvud! (Var: LDraw.org Localisation Guideline ratified)

(...) Nä men ge mej en broms. "Pluppar"??? Seriöst, det är ju sån't som ramlar ner i toaletten när någon gör den stora saken där. Det finns två minifigurer på Tradera, men hundratals gubbar (t.o.m. en som föreställer Prinsessan Leia!) och (...) (14 years ago, 8-Jan-10, to lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: LDraw.org Localisation Guideline ratified

(...) Any chance to see this implemented into tools (eg. MLCad...) or website (Peeron, Bricklink) in a foreseeable future? Philo (14 years ago, 8-Jan-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Gubbhuvud! (Var: LDraw.org Localisation Guideline ratified)

(...) Your are not forced to use it. But not all people in all countries of the world are comfortable with english. Also my son does not speak a good english (at present only I hope) but since I made translations he is able to find the parts he (...) (14 years ago, 8-Jan-10, to lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: LDraw.org Localisation Guideline ratified

(...) That depends on the authors and the administrators or that items. It is much for effort to implement this than only to have one language to care about. Maybe nobody of the above mentioned will ever use that. I try to implement this in the next (...) (14 years ago, 8-Jan-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw.org Localisation Guideline ratified

(...) Also MLCad can be tuned to use at least the parts description. We have to substitude the description in the parts.lst with the translation and then you will see the translation in MLCad. cu mikeheide (14 years ago, 8-Jan-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw.org Localisation Guideline ratified

(...) I have just made my own translation for MLCad of parts.lst. The only problem is that special characters like the german ä.ö.ü.ß are not shown, as it is read as pure ascii. Also the groups in MLCad needs to be tweaked. If you do a "Scan parts" (...) (14 years ago, 8-Jan-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw.org Localisation Guideline ratified

(...) I will be adding support for this with colors and part names in LDView's "Parts List" feature. I haven't decided if I should also put it in the Model Tree, since that's showing actual file data. --Travis (14 years ago, 8-Jan-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw.org Localisation Guideline ratified

(...) That was exactly the question that came up in my community when I started a discussion about this. 99% of the people who use LDraw use Bricklink. Only a small percentage of the people who use BL also use LDraw. Consequently it doesn't seem to (...) (14 years ago, 9-Jan-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw.org Localisation Guideline ratified

(...) Note that tools like BrickStore allow you to translate LDraw -> BL using part number mapping. ROSCO (14 years ago, 10-Jan-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw.org Localisation Guideline ratified

(...) Will Brickstore be made compliant with the LDraw Translation Standard? What I mean to ask is, will I eventually be able to use the LDraw translation files to see part descriptions and colours in Brickstore the same way I will in for example (...) (14 years ago, 10-Jan-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw.org Localisation Guideline ratified

(...) How do I do this with Brickstore to show the translated names?? I did not find any possibility in Brickstore. cu mikeheide (14 years ago, 10-Jan-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw.org Localisation Guideline ratified

(...) I suggest you contact the BrickStore author and request it. ROSCO (14 years ago, 11-Jan-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Gubbhuvud! (Var: LDraw.org Localisation Guideline ratified)

"Lego-person". Tja, den var faktiskt alldeles ny för mig. :) (URL) (14 years ago, 5-Mar-10, to lugnet.loc.se)