 CAD / 13646
13645  |  13647
Subject:
Blender import problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2006 22:08:02 GMT

I am using the Yann import scripts to import LDraw models into Blender.  I would
like to be able to animate LDraw models, especially minifigs, with Blender
animation tools and scripts.  I had to modify the color import script because of
changes in ldconfig.ldr, but otherwise the import script seemed to work quite
well.

Then I tried to animate the figure using Blender's IPOs.  I made a key frame
(for rotation), went to a new frame, rotated the figure's arm, and then made
another key frame.  However, when I move between frames instead of seeing the
arm rotate the way it's supposed to, I see all of the parts in the minifig
change.  The rotation with the IPO does not look anything like the rotation that
I do with the normal Blender UI, and it messes up the model.

I tried simple animations with non-LDraw models to make sure I was using the key
frames correctly and was able to make animations that worked the way I expected
them too.  I used various combinations of IPOs on parent and child objects with
no problem.

I suspect that the problem I am having with the imported models is due to the
way the flatten and flattenParts functions work, but so far have not been able
to verify that.

Can anyone give me help with this problem?  I can post files and screen shots if
they would be helpful.  I have tried this with Blender 2.36 on OS X and Blender
2.37 on Windows Media Center with similar results.
Thanks,
Brian Durney