 CAD / 13650
Re: Blender import problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2006 15:47:25 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Yann Vernier wrote:
On Wed, 8 Mar 2006 22:08:02 GMT
"Brian Durney" <durneybr@uvsc.edu> wrote:

I am using the Yann import scripts to import LDraw models into
Blender.  I would like to be able to animate LDraw models, especially
minifigs, with Blender animation tools and scripts.  I had to modify
the color import script because of changes in ldconfig.ldr, but
otherwise the import script seemed to work quite well. • Hmmm. i was lazy, i used an old color-config file :)

Nice to hear it's used. That makes about three users. Would you mind
posting the changes? I never polished the scripts much, and the
material support was fairly confused when I tested it last. In
particular importing stuff several times messed up.

MeTo:) Add me to the list. Therefor we are 4 and counting ;)

I've made some minor changes to the color importer and the dat importer.
The pathes to the ldraw library and to the color config file are configurable
with a little UI (scripts->system...).

And the existence of color definitions is checked on import. They are loaded on
demand and i can't forget to load them in front :)

Maybe we should merge the changes from Brian and myself if you are interested.

Carsten