 CAD / 12033
Re: Renderer Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 18:04:45 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Don Heyse wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Don Heyse wrote:
Yuk!  I guess it makes sense to add support for ROTSTEP instead.

For you it does.

Actually I'm no longer sure about that.  If ROTSTEP is supported
internally in LPUB, and LPUB supports ldglite as an alternative
renderer, than supporting ROTSTEP in ldglite might make that
more difficult.  Kevin?

I suppose I could make ROTSTEP support optional so folks without
access to LPUB can still use it.

Beware the slippery slope:  buffer exchange, ghost, other issues.....

Heh, when I finally realized ROTSTEP was more of a runtime command
than an LDLITE parse time command, and looked at the right file,
guess what I found.  Yeah, that's right: BUFEXCHG, GHOST, etc. test
code.  I think I might even be able to use some of it.

Looks like ROTSTEP is just a mouse spin without the mouse.  Of
course now that I looked at the mouse spin code I have to wonder why
ROTSTEP uses three rotations (with the confusing order dependency
problem) instead of one rotation around a 3D vector.  Oh well,
I can't tell what ROTSTEP 30 45 90 means based on the specs,
but at least there's sample code telling me how to implement it.

Have fun,

Don