 CAD / 11813
Re: on Collision, stop Movement
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 22:26:36 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Edwin Pilobello wrote:
Obviously, this point of reference is from his physical experience.  So,
with a smile, I showed him how easy it was to position the missing part
without having to virtually tear it apart.  In this case, having no
collision checks made the insertion easy.

Ideally, if the click-system is running, it should still allow you to slide a
piece between two other pieces where it has a mating surface with both of them.
It should just automatically switch from whatever movement increment you have
selected to full 1-stud jumps once it starts interacting with another part's
click-matrix.

I can see that having clickable parts helps in the build.  I think this
feature should not be a 'rigid physics engine' as much as a 'convenience
engine'.  We ought to be able to turn it off at any time,

That seems to be the idea that has been proposed.