 CAD / 11801
Re: on Collision, stop Movement
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 00:33:51 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
A connection database would be great for something like a simulator.  I was at
BrickFest and someone asked me about this.  It might be fun to work on a project
like that, and it could be handy to have the features within an editor.

Often I make one leg of a walking mechanism for the leg extended to the ground.
I then have to modify a copy of it to make the leg contracted.  I'd love to just
be able to make the leg contract and give me the new geometry.

This sounds like a huge amount of work, but a lot of fun!

And hey, now might be just the time to do it.  You might win valuable prizes
:-O!  The L Prize site hasn't yet said what you need to do to win prizes there,
but reading between the lines, it at least sounds like LCD-based projects would
be high on the list of potential winners.

--Travis Cobbs