 CAD / *41370 (-20)
  Re: Fun with LDView Fly Through (A Minifig's Eye View)

(...) I was thinking of that. I tried it briefly the other night but I must have had a different aspect ratio, because the rendering appeared far outside the ship. I'm getting up to speed on POV-Ray, though, so I'll definitely try it again. (...) (...) (18 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: Tutorial to customize MLCad through the MLCad.ini file

(...) many thx for the feedback. I've updated the page accordingly. please have another look: (URL) (18 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: A story, and a new Trains website

(...) This is good news. I've emailed LEGO about this problem myself. Simply being able to filter by 'Trains' and 'Cool Creations' together would be a big help, but it seems they couldn't achieve that. It's a shame it takes such a major overhaul for (...) (18 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Fun with LDView Fly Through (A Minifig's Eye View)

(...) It's worth noting that if you get the POV-Ray camera info from LDView and render in POV-Ray, you should get exactly the same view there (assuming you use the same aspect ratio). (...) The sensitivity is pretty messed up. It doesn't properly (...) (18 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: A story, and a new Trains website

(...) Wow, if AFOL's continue to provide stuff like this site, LEGO will not have to do any work. Get AFOL's to design them, get AFOL's to help people find them, get help from AFOL's to market them--just provide the parts. And even that is now (...) (18 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX)

  Re: A story, and a new Trains website

In lugnet.trains, Jordan Schwarz wrote: SNIP (...) SNIP (...) Hi Jordan, I like this idea. I'd recommend adding Chris Masi's work. He seems to have two usernames, "masithebuilder" and "acjmasi", not sure which he'd prefer you use. I've build-tested (...) (18 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX)

  Re: Dancing Mech Modeling/animatino LDraw/POV-Ray Video Tutorial Series

(...) Now this one introduces some new stuff to me! I have been to Anton's web site before (and admired his work), but I did not realize what the Converter did or that it worked independently of L3P. I have not had time to play with it much yet but (...) (18 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Fun with LDView Fly Through (A Minifig's Eye View)

(...) That's a nice pic Jim. I seem to recall there was a view from inside a Santa Fe car a while back, can't remember who rendered it though :( ROSCO (18 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Fun with LDView Fly Through (A Minifig's Eye View)

I'm sure this has been done before, but I realized an amusing application of LDView's "fly through" camera mode is to look at the world through the eyes of a minifig, particularly from perspectives where you couldn't normally fit a camera (or your (...) (18 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: Tutorial to customize MLCad through the MLCad.ini file

(...) Ah, I see Travis already pointed this out. Jim (18 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Tutorial to customize MLCad through the MLCad.ini file

Hi! I'd like to clarify something about this paragraph: (...) Although Bricksmith recognizes the Unofficial folder, it does not automatically download missing parts. It does work nicely with parts downloaded by LDView, but my impression is that this (...) (18 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: A story, and a new Trains website

"Ross Crawford" <ross.{mylastname}@gmail.com> wrote in message news:JF4Do6.9FG@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) I believe it will. I expect things to change quite a bit as LDD 2.0 and an updated LEGOFactory.com roll out. It may not happen (...) (18 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Site changes on LDraw: Opinions sought

--snip-- (...) I'm with Willy on this. Much as I'd love to move away from PostNuke I just don't think it's worth the effort right now. So long as the site is relatively attractive and, more importantly, serves its purpose properly by allowing ready (...) (18 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Tutorial to customize MLCad through the MLCad.ini file

(...) The top two screenshots are broken links right now. I don't use the minifig generator or LSynth, but I have some comments on the scan order section (most of which are about spelling/grammar/formatting): * At the very beginning, I'd change it (...) (18 years ago, 18-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: A story, and a new Trains website

(...) Nice site Jordan. There is also the (URL) LEGO factory hobby trains> page, which currently features some great models by James Mathis. I'm not sure if that will be expanded to include models by other AFOLs. ROSCO (18 years ago, 18-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX)

  A story, and a new Trains website

As we near the release of LDD 2.0, I offer the following tale... Two weeks ago, I was visiting the Tyson's Corner LEGO Store. Although the store still sells 9V track and motors, they no longer carry 9V train sets, which number only a few these days (...) (18 years ago, 18-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX) !

  Re: rendering NXT parts

(...) Great! Glad I could help, John. - David (18 years ago, 18-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Tutorial to customize MLCad through the MLCad.ini file

Hi folks, as promised in this post: (URL) wrote a short tutorial about the MLCad.ini file. The file tells the Minifig Generator in MLCad as well as Bricksmith - the counterpart LDraw editor in the MAC world - which parts are available. In addition, (...) (18 years ago, 18-Mar-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Site changes on LDraw: Opinions sought

(...) I'm talking about the PostNuke nuts'n'bolts. this kind of stuff: (URL) I'm not -pushing- for redesign per se, I'm just bringing it up for discussion as (...) every help to steamline the PN stuff is welcomed and much appreciated (where (...) (18 years ago, 18-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: rendering NXT parts

That did it! For some reason the parts in question were set to "Chrome", which would explain the dingy gray color in the renderings. Thanks David John (18 years ago, 18-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact