 CAD / MLCad / 2201
Re: Tutorial to customize MLCad through the MLCad.ini file
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2007 01:55:30 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Jim DeVona wrote:

Hi! I'd like to clarify something about this paragraph:

Note the two paths for unofficial parts. There are currently two programs,
LDView a platform independent viewer written by Travis Cobbs and Bricksmith a
MAC editor written by Allen Smith, which automatically check the LDraw.org
Parts Tracker when they come across a file missing on the harddisk. If the
part exists on the Parts Tracker, it will automatically be downloaded and
used. Both programs store the downloaded files in the Unofficial folders.

Although Bricksmith recognizes the Unofficial folder, it does not automatically
download missing parts. It does work nicely with parts downloaded by LDView, but
my impression is that this is largely coincidental, as Bricksmith's support for
the Unofficial folder appears to have been undocumented prior to recent
discussion.

Ah, I see Travis already pointed this out.

Jim