 CAD / MLCad / 2199
Re: Tutorial to customize MLCad through the MLCad.ini file
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2007 23:44:33 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Willy Tschager wrote:
Check out the tutorial at:

http://www.holly-wood.it/mlcad/ini-en.html

Before I start translating it for my German and Italian fellows I seek feedback
and wonder if there is room for improvements.

The top two screenshots are broken links right now.  I don't use the minifig
generator or LSynth, but I have some comments on the scan order section (most of
which are about spelling/grammar/formatting):

* At the very beginning, I'd change it to "This feature", instead of "The
feature".
* There should probably be a space between the first and second paragraphs.
* In the third paragraph, "has the have" should be "has to have".
* The first column of the list of options and descriptions should be
top-justified, instead of center-justified like it is now.
* In the paragraph after the options are described, "at last" should be just
"last".
* In the next paragraph, "wired" should be "weird".
* Get rid of the caption on the Notepad screenshot (copied from above).
* Under the screenshot, you should add parentheses around the descriptions of
LDView and Bricksmith.
* I just checked to verify, and while Bricksmith will happily use parts in an
Unofficial directory created by LDView, it won't download them automatically
itself.
* I personally would change the bold paragraph to say "some of the major LDraw
program authors".  I know you got my OK, as well as one other person's, and I'm
guessing you talked to Michael.  But unless you asked quite a few more people in
other emails, the current text isn't really accurate.  (I'm basing this on the
limited distribution of the email where you asked me about it.)

--Travis