Re: Site changes on LDraw: Opinions sought
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2007 00:23:58 GMT

--snip--

every help to steamline the PN stuff is welcomed and much appreciated (where
technical support comes first) but there is currently no way to move away from
PN and blow all the customizations (with a highlight on orion's MOTM module)
done so far. I'm interested in LDraw not webdesign.

w.
(all the above is my personal opinion and doesn't necessarily reflect the POV of
the steerco or the other content managers)

I'm with Willy on this. Much as I'd love to move away from PostNuke I just don't
think it's worth the effort right now. So long as the site is relatively
attractive and, more importantly, serves its purpose properly by allowing ready
and easy access to important information then I'm happy to leave it be.

That said I have been making various changes behind the scenes to make it a bit
more modern (eg. re-implementing bits with CSS divs rather than tables).

Tim (as personal opinions)