 CAD / *36005 (-20)
  Re: My Latest Favorite Brickshelf Folder

(...) Illegal? No, you can't be arrested or assigned a preset fine for using the LEGO logo. That's a trademark violation, not a crime. They could sue you, if you're dumb enough to push things that far. In this and/or similar cases, more likely (...) (20 years ago, 10-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.general)

  Re: My Latest Favorite Brickshelf Folder

"Jaco van der Molen" <jmolen@zonnet.nl> wrote in news:I3sI5w.4qu@lugnet.com: (...) Actually, after thinking it over, I suppose using the logo might make it seem like they are officially released pictures by TLC. I'm going to remove the logo and (...) (20 years ago, 10-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.general)

  Re: My Latest Favorite Brickshelf Folder

(...) Excellent suggestion. jacob.mckee@HOTDEATH...a.lego.com (ignore my editorial caps:-) Drop him a line. I think it would be cool to have them integrated into the Brickshelf instructions somehow-- if nothing more than a link. Brickshelf, BTW, has (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Click-Rotation Parts

(...) Ah, I see! I'm observing a Knight at the moment. 48171 and 48170 represent the two ways that the cup-shaped cogged sub-part is rotated. Shoulder and hip joints are the same as 48170. Elbow and knees are like 48171. The one slightly different (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: My Latest Favorite Brickshelf Folder

(...) Our opinions don't matter as much as LEGO opinions do, in my opinion. You could always ask Jake to get you a favorable ruling... Thanks again for sharing these, whatever the final outcome may be. (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: My Latest Favorite Brickshelf Folder

"Jaco van der Molen" <jmolen@zonnet.nl> wrote in news:I3sI5w.4qu@lugnet.com: (...) Since I'm using virtual Lego bricks to 'build' these renders, I wanted to put the Lego name somewhere in the pictures. Since I'd be doing that, I thought it was just (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.general)

  Re: Parts with lengths

(...) I think Kevin's done some work on the code that hasn't been uploaded to the CVS repository so the current CVS source may be out of synch. -Orion (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: My Latest Favorite Brickshelf Folder

(...) Not if he secured permission (which he probably didn't). TLC would be within their rights to have him remove their logo, but I wouldn't be surprised if TLC let it slide. His work is obviously fantastic and is only a positive reflection upon (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Parts with lengths

(...) Just in case, the source code for lsynth is here. (URL) the CVS Repository link for instructions on how to fetch it all, or follow the Browse CVS link if you only want to examine it. Have fun, Don (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: My Latest Favorite Brickshelf Folder

Great work! But... isn't the use of the LEGO logo illegal? Jaco "John" <John@TCLTC.org> schreef in bericht news:I3p0MC.1LLy@lugnet.com... (...) on (...) (URL) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.general)

  Re: Parts with lengths

(...) Jindroush, True length is a topic that is near the top of the list for LSynth. Orion and I talked about it at BrickFest. There is at least one implementation out there by Frederick Glockner (using emacs) that supports true length. Since LSynth (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts with lengths (lsynth?)

(...) Yeah, exactly this. I knew I couldn't be the first to think about it ;-) Jindroush (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts with lengths (lsynth?)

(...) You know, this did actually come up before in the context of lsynth. This post from 2 years ago mentions LENGTH and UNITS options for the lsynth meta commands. (URL) think it's been mentioned since then as well. In my opinion that's probably (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Click-Rotation Parts

(...) The cogs weren't the problem. The problem ist the junction between the primitive and the part. Where does the primitive end and where does the part begins? Not every part has the same junction to the primitive. For example: The rotation-offset (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Click-Rotation Parts

(...) Huummm, I'll see if my Lego Camera can do some justice to the click-rotation parts. Otherwise, I'm going to have to wait till I can get back to the Portland State University Media Lab. I'm looking into the part at 10x and the wavy cogs on (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: My Latest Favorite Brickshelf Folder

(...) Oh, and PS, welcome to LUGNET, and don't be shy about announcing your new additions:-) JOHN (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: My Latest Favorite Brickshelf Folder

(...) Awesome! I will! JOHN (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Parts with lengths

(...) i haven't suggested that. We don't have separate part file for every known color, but instead, there is part and color info in the dat. I think the length should be put in somewhat similar way in the dat, so that it could be easily extracted (...) (20 years ago, 8-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Panel/Castle Wall 3 x 8 x 6 (p/n 48490)

This is the new castle wall section in the Knights Kingdom 2 sets (eg sets 8779, 8780, 8781, 8799) I've uploaded the DAT file for this to the Parts Tracker. The file is usable as is, but needs a few minor details adding around the window apature (...) (20 years ago, 8-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: My Latest Favorite Brickshelf Folder

(...) I've looked at these and they are cool renderings. Not only that, but it looks like you're also publishing the MPD's as well. The published MPD's are the best part. You rock! Jeff (20 years ago, 8-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact