 CAD / *34440 (-20)
  Re: Steering Committee Candidate Kevin Clague - backgrounder and position statement

(...) Thanks so much for your support. I must give credit where credit is due, though, and say that it was not I, but Terry Keller who picked up the ball immediately following James' death with the original Memorial site. Terry and Steve Bliss both (...) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Issues with a Few Parts on the Tracker

(...) This is always a good argument against removing any syntax. But see below. (...) As is this one. But see below. (...) Not a large number in the scheme of things really. IF the change is done to parts as they are changed anyway... I guess what (...) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Steering Committee Candidate Kevin Clague - backgrounder and position statement

Tim, You have been the cornerstone and evangelist for Ldraw since James' untimely death. I cannot imagine the Steering Committee without you. I support your candidacy for the Steering Committee. Kevin (21 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Issues with a Few Parts on the Tracker

(...) I would say that it's a good thing to leave them in. 2 reasons for this: - Once developers decide they want to support it, the implementation is aleady there. - To remove them would force all the parts that have the command to go thruogh PT (...) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Issues with a Few Parts on the Tracker

(...) Thanks. What would the downside be of, over time, as parts go through review and renewal anyway, gradually discontinuing the use of this command? It is not a large number of parts that use this anyway, right? ++Lar (21 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Snatch it?

(...) Well guys, no dice. We sent an Email in Japanese to every address we could find. Thay all bounced undeliverable. I guess this means that if you want to use his parts then you'll have to rework them for PT complience and then submit giving (...) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Issues with a Few Parts on the Tracker

(...) Basically the CMDLINE staement specifies a default color for the part. This is useful if the part only came in one color. I far as I know, no LDraw programs actually use this Meta command. -Orion (21 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Issues with a Few Parts on the Tracker

(...) Could we have a review/explanation of the use of CMDLINE again? (or a pointer to documentation). While I support not making unnecessary changes, I'm not sure I understand if this one is necessary or not. (21 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Steering Committee Candidate Kevin Clague - backgrounder and position statement

(...) Reposting also. [snip lots of good stuff] (...) Kevin - You're a great guy, and I sincerely appreciate all of the contributions you have made to the LDraw community. I'd like to proudly voice my support to your candidacy for the Steering (...) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Steering Committee Candidate Kevin Clague - backgrounder and position statement

(...) I think Kevin brings a lot to the table. He's got the tool author's perspective, as well as having a good user perspective and a solid grounding in general software development. He would make a great committee member and I look forward to (...) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Steering Committee Candidate Kevin Clague - backgrounder and position statement

This is a repost to the proper group. I first started using LDraw and MLCAD when I finished my first successful biped robot. I had only one RCX, and if I was going to make anything else I was going to have to take apart my robot. It was easier (...) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: happy easter

(...) Hi again, I started a new picture with the same parameters. But this time I switched from hdri to radiosity. I also added a neutral background. I can't show you the results because now (8,5 hours later) it's not finished. The details and (...) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Issues with a Few Parts on the Tracker

(...) I personally think it would be worth leaving this as-is, because this part originally appeared in the 2002-03 parts update, but the gold version didn't come out until 2003. I wouldn't want to have to delete cmdline statements from official (...) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  (canceled)

  (canceled)

  Re: happy easter

Great MOC, but something tells me that HDRI is just not ready for primetime. I wonder how that same scene would look using Radiosity? "Vince" <Vincent05@gmx.de> wrote in message news:Hvz3GJ.1Krn@lugnet.com... (...) bit and (...) 2:30 (...) because (...) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  happy easter

Hi everyone, I just finished my latest picture. I modified the old .ldr file a little bit and corrected some mistakes I found. I hope you enjoy the picture. It took 2:30 hours to render this picture in 1600 x 1200. I didn't use Stud logos because of (...) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  New POV-Ray locomotive

I have generated a rendering of my SD40-2 in a snow storm at night. The snow was created from POV-Ray code that I found on Paul T. Dawson's web page. There is a link to Paul's site on my site. I used the media and media attenuation to get the (...) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Steering Committee candidate Willy Tschager - backgrounder and position statement

Hi folks, is it my turn? Looks like. Okay then: I've been an LDraw user since 1999 and became deeper involved with the community when I started betatesting MLCad on a regular basis. The passage from pure bug-hunting to part-authoring occurred in (...) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: HDRI and radiosity (part 2)

(...) Hi Jeroen, did you update the colors in your zip-files? I just looked at your site but the archives seem to be the old ones... Sven (21 years ago, 10-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact