 Boats / *299 (-100)
  Re: I'm "Screw"ed!

(...) Outback Airstrip windmill blades? About the right shape except the blades aren't slanted but that's minor. (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.build.military)

  Re: I'm "Screw"ed!

(...) Try one of the spiral staircases from the new HP sets. :) James (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.build.military)

  I'm "Screw"ed!

I need help on the Submarine's screw. Propeller for the un-navy terms. It needs to be about 8-10 wide, and have 5-8 blades. :) THanks In advance. Rick (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.build.military)

  Re: Name That Apparatus

(...) Looks like a DOPPLAR Radar dome to me. Rick (23 years ago, 3-Oct-01, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: Name That Apparatus

(...) I'm almost certain it is a protective cover for a radar dish. JohnG, GMLTC (23 years ago, 3-Oct-01, to lugnet.boats)

  Name That Apparatus

There are several pictures on this page about a very cool demonstration of international cooperation: (URL) one of you boat-heads tell me what the big, nearly spherical object is in the right upper quadrant of this picture: (URL) Dave! (23 years ago, 3-Oct-01, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: Narrow "Dutch" buildings.

(...) Yep! That’s the one! Excellent!!!! I would have replied earlier, but I am afraid that I was so inspired by it all, that I sat and built one of the buildings (until about 1:30 in the morning!). Previously, I had bought and sold Lego on Ebay; (...) (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.build)

  Re: Cross setion of the SSN

Ok just email me and I'll email you the pics. They are set to 800x600 size (nice and convienient for desk top walpapers :) ) Derek (...) (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Cross setion of the SSN

(...) EEK! Yes!!!!! If you are willing to part with those pictures and/or scan them in to the computer I would much much appreciate it!!! I have yet to design the back quarter, with the gradual slope down to the screw!! Please!! THank you!!! much (...) (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Cross setion of the SSN

Hi Rick.If your looking still for good source material for your SSN project, go down to your local bookstore and pick up a copy of Tom Clancey's "SUBMARINE: A Guided Tour Of A Nuclear Warship." Its full of great illistrations and some photos as well (...) (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Cross setion of the SSN

(...) Gosh I wish I would have kept my sub, although it was crappy. It had a good conning tower, and was a basic sub idea, with only one deck. No pictures either! ~Evan :-D (23 years ago, 25-Sep-01, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Cross setion of the SSN

(...) Neva been on a sub but it's lookin' good! -Geordan- (...) (23 years ago, 25-Sep-01, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Cross setion of the SSN

(...) Oops, fiancee. I suppose one might argue that that extra "e" is important in some cases ... (...) LOL - no, no, nothing so scandalously entertaining! Upgraded it was, last June (2000), and everything is still wonderful :) Though she has stated (...) (23 years ago, 25-Sep-01, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.boats)

  Re: New project: The Los Angeles Project

(...) Hi Rick, I posted a couple quick LDraw pics of the torpedo type I've been using for my WWII German S-boat ... which in turn are similar to the design that Carl used on his U-Boat. (URL) that's of some use ... -s (23 years ago, 25-Sep-01, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: Cross setion of the SSN

(...) I'd hope they weren't "Pibbers." The last thing you need is flashbacks on the tour. But no, I haven't visited Fall River--I really should. I'm not Sure Susan would be willing to humor me running hog wild over a South Dakota-class ship--I mean, (...) (23 years ago, 25-Sep-01, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Cross setion of the SSN

(...) Oops - I meant Battleship *Cove* in MA. I do know the difference, I swear, honest I do. -s (sorry if this gets posted twice - my message seems to have been chomped somewhere along the line) (23 years ago, 25-Sep-01, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Cross setion of the SSN

(...) Lindsay,My bother in law has invited me with him and his son to stay the night on a WWII sub(might be the one in Holland can't remember where it's at).His sons boy scout group do it every year:-) (...) (23 years ago, 24-Sep-01, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Cross setion of the SSN

(...) Tell me you've gotten a chance to visit Battleship Row in Fall River, MA, Lindsay? If not, *when* you get permission to hang out with LEGO-types (not *if*, you may note), we'll have to take a day trip down there. Two PT boats, a battleship, (...) (23 years ago, 24-Sep-01, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Narrow "Dutch" buildings.

(...) Well it was announced here: (URL) most of the discussion about it went on in lugnet.trains so you might have missed it. Anyway it was a meeting of LEGOfans in Germany. The row of houses are build by Johannes "JoJo" Koehler. There are more (...) (23 years ago, 24-Sep-01, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.build)

  Re: New project: The Los Angeles Project

(...) For a reference book, try Tom Clancy's "Submarine: A Guided Tour Inside a Nuclear Warship." It has been a while but i believe it has a rough deckplan. Should find it at a library or flip one in the local bookstore. Joel ===== God Bless the (...) (23 years ago, 24-Sep-01, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.build.military)

  Re: Cross setion of the SSN

(...) Heh, did you get to hear the story about why, among the "scorecard" on the tower, there's a bus and a crane standing on a dock...? I hope one day to get to Pearl to see that, among other things; we had the _Bowfin_ book in our house when I was (...) (23 years ago, 24-Sep-01, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Cross setion of the SSN

Rick & All, (...) U.S.S. Missouri ship in Pearl Harbor, and it was an absolute pain for me to try to manuever in that thing! (Since I am a rather big guy) My video of the events was funny to see. But it was a great experience to see. Good luck on (...) (23 years ago, 24-Sep-01, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Cross setion of the SSN

(...) Good idea. The full model will take a boat-load (pun intended) of bricks. By the way, with all the studs on the outside this puppy is going to make a you-know-what load of noise going through the water. Lester (23 years ago, 24-Sep-01, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.boats)

  Re: New project: The Los Angeles Project

Here is a link that has some great info and other links to explore: (URL) Hallman" <legodude725@removeaol.com> wrote in message news:GK5F39.3F@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) (23 years ago, 24-Sep-01, to lugnet.boats)

  Cross setion of the SSN

Lookie. People who have been on a sub can comment if they want :-P (URL) (23 years ago, 24-Sep-01, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Narrow "Dutch" buildings.

(...) Well, it's the Titanic, it was the largest ship ever build, Kate and Leo kiss on the front deck, ships sinks, Leo dies, Kate cries, end of story... or, uhm did you mean something else... ;-) Jeroen (23 years ago, 24-Sep-01, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.build)

  RE: New project: The Los Angeles Project

Rick Go here (URL) here (URL) mark 48 is actually about 2.5 decks high, of course they are stored and fired horizontally :-) They measure about 19 feet. The beam of the boat (sub) is ~33 feet with each deck about 7.5 feet apart. Of course headroom (...) (23 years ago, 24-Sep-01, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: New project: The Los Angeles Project

(...) Hey! You forgot to stick this in .military too, we *love* to see these kinds of cool projects. :D For SSN-688s you might want to start with: (URL) ...but as these vessels are still in service, the Navy is understandably (if not entirely (...) (23 years ago, 24-Sep-01, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.build.military)

  Re: New project: The Los Angeles Project

Sweetness! i'll try and find you some stuff, look forward to seeing it! crossposted to .military cuz that's where it shoulda been! -Geordan- (...) (23 years ago, 24-Sep-01, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.build.military)

  New project: The Los Angeles Project

I am planning a Los Angeles Class Attack sub. Any knowledge of, pictures, cutaways, and other is VERY useful. I have already done up version 1 of the Mark 48 torpedo... (URL) help on this design! I pl;an on it being 3 decks high! Rick (23 years ago, 24-Sep-01, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: Narrow "Dutch" buildings.

(Dit berichtje wordt in Engels getekend, voor de mensen die .boats en .build lezen.) (...) Hey, Frank, I've never seen ANY of that stuff before! It looks excellent. What among it is yours? All of it, or just some? But this caught my eye: (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 23-Sep-01, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.nl)

  NEW MOC: Navy Destroyer Prototype

Enjoy - full pictures, interior and exterior (URL) Marc (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.boats, lugnet.general) !

  Re: MOC: First World War German Dreadnought: SMS Friedrich der Grosse

(...) Heh. I forgot about that when I wrote this--Australia's only capital ship, NZ's only capital ship, millions of square miles of ocean, and *bump*. Fortunately, the design flaw had nothing to do with the side protection... (...) Or _Courageous_ (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: MOC: First World War German Dreadnought: SMS Friedrich der Grosse

(...) Mmmm. Research is pointing in the same direction. Either HMAS Australia (and let's not talk about the pushing and shoving with the New Zealand which kept her out of Jutland - she may have suffered the same fate as Indefatigable...), or perhaps (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: MOC: First World War German Dreadnought: SMS Friedrich der Grosse

[nb.: Scroll WAYYYY down to the end for the .admin.general item] (...) Thanks! I'm glad it has the approval of the ABS-grognards among us. :) I was warned, however, that building that ship served as an official gauntlet-dropping for you at next (...) (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: MOC: First World War German Dreadnought: SMS Friedrich der Grosse

(...) Hey, thanks! It's no pagoda--that'll have to wait for another day--but I'm partial to it as well. I thought you'd also appreciate that little front-page backstory. ;) (...) If you want to get technical, the battlecruiser _Australia_, of the (...) (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates)

  MOC: Navy Destroyer, Nuclear Sub-Compact Prototype

Greetings, Well I posted preliminary shots earlier on this model but I have now updated the site and included full interior and raw pictures of ship and ship's company. Introducing: USS Cook, DDG-N (Nuclear Guided Missle Destroyer, Sub-Compact) (...) (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: MOC: First World War German Dreadnought: SMS Friedrich der Grosse

(...) Just stupendous Lindsay. The snot-wise approach to hull design has worked a treat, the turrets (always my worry) are wonderful, and the detail around the superstructure is glorious. I think another day in the sun for the HMS Valhalla and HMS (...) (23 years ago, 26-Aug-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: MOC: First World War German Dreadnought: SMS Friedrich der Grosse

(...) I don't even know what I can begin to say, Lindsay. This is one of the most amazing models I've ever seen - the level of detail on the decks is stunning, and the color scheme is gorgeous. I've followed your advances for the past year or so (...) (23 years ago, 24-Aug-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: MOC: First World War German Dreadnought: SMS Friedrich der Grosse

(...) Well, the modernist 1880-1920s would definitely be your period, I'd bet. :) There's something about the tentativeness of all that period's designs--nothing could be standard, because it was all changing so *quickly* that even standardization (...) (23 years ago, 22-Aug-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: MOC: First World War German Dreadnought: SMS Friedrich der Grosse

(...) I just like complex looking things - I love really old steam locomotives and find the streamlined stuff boring. (...) The Island. Peter Benchly. Michael Caine. I did just that scenario in a shared-world (very long explanation which I will (...) (23 years ago, 22-Aug-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: MOC: First World War German Dreadnought: SMS Friedrich der Grosse

awesome! great ship, i especally like the artillarys hehehehe :) (23 years ago, 22-Aug-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: MOC: First World War German Dreadnought: SMS Friedrich der Grosse

Amazing creation! I am still dazzled, even though I couldn't see "Fred" live. The pictures are very good, so I managed to sense the "scale" of the model... the word that comes to mind is none other than "Grosse"! (hence, the name: your own + "the (...) (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: MOC: First World War German Dreadnought: SMS Friedrich der Grosse

(...) Thanks! I've always liked the wing turret concept. The theory was marvelous, but in the end it wasn't nearly as marvelous as the American-pioneered raised-end mounting, which became standard by 1916 on capital ships of all nations. (...) Well, (...) (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: MOC: First World War German Dreadnought: SMS Friedrich der Grosse

(...) I have. They're in there! They're just not *furnished* because of time issues. Once I get my space here back in order, I hope to go back and do that interior detailing. If you look at the early bow shots, you can see the sub- division of the (...) (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: First World War German Dreadnought: SMS Friedrich der Grosse

(...) Oh! I guess that's what I get for assmeuing. ("don't assume, it just makes an ass out of me and u..." -former employer) I'll have to change that--I took uniformity among your respective images as evidence of original state. I'll go change it (...) (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: MOC: First World War German Dreadnought: SMS Friedrich der Grosse

(...) your "worst signage" award for Washington DC. If anything, the Northern Virginia area in general must have the worst signage in the entire country. I really can't stand it when you drive through an intersection that is of course unlabeled and (...) (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates)

  Ore Boat update

Well, i've hacked away at my ore boat for the last few months, and now I've really HACKED. I made it twice as wide, the hull is still the same highth (although i may add a brick...), and i'm building it in 4 sections. The 4 sections consist of, (...) (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: MOC: First World War German Dreadnought: SMS Friedrich der Grosse

Linsday, Makes my little DDGN look super small. But wow, absolutely amazing. Can you engineer building internal compartments and living/working spaces? Incredible master model building.... (...) (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates)

  RE: First World War German Dreadnought: SMS Friedrich der Grosse

(...) cropped or otherwise modified (e.g., reduced to save disk space)." Not true! I color balanced, sharpened, and reduced all my photos to 800x600. I just like big pictures :) I know Troy reduced his too, because he always shoots at 2048x1536. (...) (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: MOC: First World War German Dreadnought: SMS Friedrich der Grosse

I liked those WWI BB and BC with the staggered port and starboard turrets. A great job of buiding it with Lego. Of course, my pyrates would sail in under those big guns, board it, and make those lubbers walk the plank.... :-) Bruce (...) (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: MOC: First World War German Dreadnought: SMS Friedrich der Grosse

Excellent website, it does the ship a lot of justice! ;-) I especially liked the History section, and the Construction section. You did a great job of explaining everything. I was also pleased that you finally made this change: (URL) beautiful work! (...) (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: MOC: First World War German Dreadnought: SMS Friedrich der Grosse

(...) Lindsey, Great boat, and a great read. I like being able to follow the building process. Thanks, George (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates)

Holy cow. That aint little son. I saw a few pics of this during all the brickfest posts. Glad you put up a site for it. Its beautiful. -Jon "Mr L F Braun" <braunli1@pilot.msu.edu> wrote in message news:GIEp0n.BtF@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates)

I still love that ship. Gary Mr L F Braun <braunli1@pilot.msu.edu> wrote in message news:GIEp0n.BtF@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates)

  MOC: First World War German Dreadnought: SMS Friedrich der Grosse

Hi, everybody! I built a little boat. (URL) Let me know what you think--it's old news, but I finally got a reasonable site up so I thought I should "announce." :D all best Lindsay n.b.: Followups have been set. (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general) !!

  HMLS Olbrook

The big, blue boat which visited STUDfest 9, and is currently on a voyage looking for the legendary Sunken Mindstorms Sets. Cruising the surface, Captain Brickius and crew keep a lookout. (URL) at depth (sorry about the flash!) (URL) crew hard at (...) (23 years ago, 9-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.boats)

  My new and improved website is now online!

All of my Space, Air, Water, and Land creations have a new home-- at the shortest URL yet! Most of my old stuff and all my stuff is there. Please feel free to use the rating form on anything you look at: (URL) LMKWYT, update your links, and let me (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.build, lugnet.boats, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars) !

  Re: Friedrich der Grosse (was: Re: The Next Grey Monster.)

(...) Nah, we can save it for Piratefest. If it's any indication, I'm still finding bits of railing and rig in my backseat. best LFB PS: Did you get the tire replaced OK? (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Speculative Endeavour Pictures

At last, some photos of my modern expedition ship, the Speculative Endeavour: Captain Jacques Legeau arrives in a rowboat to take command of the SE (URL) Legeau supervises the launch of the SE's research submarine (URL) top deck of the SE, showing (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Friedrich der Grosse (was: Re: The Next Grey Monster.)

(...) I just found a commemorative railing piece of _Friedrich der Grosse_ in my wheel well. You want I should mail it to you? Chris (23 years ago, 22-Jul-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Friedrich der Grosse (was: Re: The Next Grey Monster.)

Hi all, Well, _Friedrich der Grosse_ and I are back from Fest, after several harrowing moments and a few jostles on the way home owing to a flat tire (sorry again about the bad juju, Chris!) that necessitated its removal from the trunk on the (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: The Next Grey Monster.

(...) No it won't be in the game, but you should find some time in your schedule to play in any case. (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: The Next Grey Monster.

(...) Will we have room for it? (And which cranes--the blue-legged ones hanging around the sides, or the actual ship's cranes?) (...) I've stuck it in .pirates during the building phase because this is where the folks who give me the best feedback (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: The Next Grey Monster.

(...) root (in someone else). (...) Welcome to the dark side, my friend. We've missed you. (...) Can hardly wait! ObCompDork: Why is this in .pirates instead of .boats? (or .build?) Is it going to be in the pirate game? (I may need to rethink my (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: what sets include the 6 wide boat pieces?

Hello! For black pieces look: (URL) (23 years ago, 8-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: what sets include the 6 wide boat pieces?

(...) I have a few in my brickbay shop: (URL) (23 years ago, 8-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: what sets include the 6 wide boat pieces?

(...) It's getting tough to get them. I'm trying to think if current sets include anything other than green, hm, yes, 5955 All Terrain Trapper (2 grey) 5935 Island Hopper (1 white) 1354 Dino Head Attack (1 green) Check my web page: (URL) some older (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: what sets include the 6 wide boat pieces?

(...) The best source for the pieces in light grey is still, IMHO, 7131 Naboo Fighter (comes with two). I'm not sure they exist in dark grey, but in black I have a bunch from RES-Q sets and I'm not sure where else. LFB (23 years ago, 7-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  what sets include the 6 wide boat pieces?

What sets (current preferably) include the 6 wide boat pieces? In particular I am after grey, dk grey and mabie black but any color would probobly help (except red or yellow) (23 years ago, 7-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  U.S.S. Grand Rapids for the GATS

Here is a Ohio-Class Submarine exposing it's top 1/4. I added a missile hatch depending on the mood of the day. (URL) I have been told the water area might not be big enough for this, but... who knows. Rick (23 years ago, 29-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.build, lugnet.boats)

  Battleship Casemates: Proof of Principle Model

Hi all, For the last few years I've been building big warships, and a single persistent problem--casemates--has been driving me up the proverbial wall. It's impossible to get fitting gun shields to produce casemates as appear on ships built between (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.boats, lugnet.space)

  Re: Train Platform/Harbor Base available again

(...) You're absolutely right Eric, the main page at S@H for this item doesn't state any numbers, but the enlarged image does. I just didn't notice this. Greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Train Platform/Harbor Base available again

(...) /Eric McC/ (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.boats)

  Train Platform/Harbor Base available again

Hello all, The train- as well as the boat-people may be interested to know that, at least in Europe, accessories item #5044 is available from Lego S@H again. This accessory pack containes: 1x part 2617 Platform 16 x 16 x 2 & 1/3 Even and 1x part (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.boats)

  Nice harbour and airport (Was: my website)

Lars-Olof: (...) have managed to make them look very real with all the activity. I've got to build myself a nice harbour soon. Jacob (23 years ago, 27-Apr-01, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.town)

  Re: Newfoundbrick Ferry Services: S.S. Grey Line

Rick: Nice model. It's good to see that you take good care of passenger safety. Play well, Jacob -- (URL) (23 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: Newfoundbrick Ferry Services: S.S. Grey Line

(...) That's really impressive, the best boat I've ever seen! Very well done! Good use for the 'bug leg' element. (23 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.boats)

  Newfoundbrick Ferry Services: S.S. Grey Line

Hi, Below is a URL to a Ferry I built some time ago, it will be part of a city named Newfoundbrick. Let me know what you think. www.geocities.com/rickzee2001/ Thanks Rick (23 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.boats) !

  U-boat creation (Re: My first Sculptures, Super Giant Hello Kitty)

(...) My German U-boat sub can be seen, (URL) U-boat was made in last summer for the first Japanese Mecha related LEGO creation meeting in Tokyo. About 3000bricks were used to build this boat. I like this U-boat but she doesn't have torpedo tube:), (...) (23 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.boats, lugnet.loc.jp)

  Re: BB63 starts very slowly

(...) Looks good... Josh (23 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.boats)

  Roman Galley

Together with Henrik Christian Grove and Peter Makholm I have built this Roman galley: (URL) started out by laying the keel and worked our way from that. After a while we figured out that we needed a proper support crew for building such a large (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.build.ancient)

  BB63 starts very slowly

A few scans of the 20mm and 40mm AA guns - all are built. The 5" DP turret didn't scan well, so it will wait. I'm not too happy with the 40mm either, but there you are. (URL) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.boats)

  Cargo rebuild of my coming ore boat...

I'm planning a modified version of my ore boat, to make a cargo ship. Josh (23 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: Iron Clads

(...) David, I was thinking of making some little Monitors using those hulls. I haven't had time to do any extensive planning yet, but it seems like they should serve pretty well. If any of the little ones turn out well, I'm hoping to do a minifig (...) (23 years ago, 17-Feb-01, to lugnet.western, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Brakzand II

This weekend representatives for Bregnerod-trafikken (Bregnerod Transit Authority) have been in Holland to look at possible solutions to local traffic problems. At Brakzand [1] they inspected this small ferry which functions as a part of the main (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.town)

  Re: Super Container cranes

(...) I have 4 test photos here: (URL) design has to be rebuilt, so that it can stick out over the water (this is the 4-wide ship-truck crane). Josh P.S. I may bring it to the Great American Train Show in Chicago, if MichLUG can get a spot. (23 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.boats, lugnet.town)

  Re: Super Container cranes

(...) All of my freight containers, as well as my flatcars, are on their way to Calgary for the SuperTrain 2001 show this coming weekend. (See (URL) to see some pictures.) I just finished watching a TLC (Learning Chanel, U.S.) program on Heavy (...) (23 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.boats, lugnet.town)

  Super Container cranes

I'm working on a "Super container crane", to unload my Container ships, onto trucks, then onto a train. I'll post pictures soone, but it needs heavy modifications to get it to work well. I am planing to build 6 models, 2 for ships-trucks, 2 for (...) (23 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.boats, lugnet.town)

  Re: Boat/Ship source material?

(...) The construction process of my ore boat may help: (URL) other lego boats: (URL) I may have some great protype photo's here: (URL) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Boat/Ship source material?

can any of you shipwrights out there recommend a good website for photos and/or general construction info about boats, or useful books, for that matter? For now, since I'm basically just getting starting, any sort of ship would be useful to me (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Iron Clads

Do you think the boat hull from the adventure set would do for a small version. I am considering getting some of those sets to build some small versions of iron clads. Or do you think that they are not wide enough. Thank you for your help David (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.western, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Iron Clads

(...) It depends on what you mean by "Ironclads." I've done ironclads, but they're the oceangoing European sort--really overgrown frigates-- not the coastal or riverine sort that usually is associated with the US Civil War. (Sorry, no pics at the (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.western, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: New Lego Great Lakes Ore Freighter

I have some updates comming to the gallery: (URL) should be up by tonight. I finnished the stern wedge, with the exception of a few plates. Josh (23 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: New Lego Great Lakes Ore Freighter

(...) Yes i do, that my club there. Most of the lego clubs on yahoo are slow now, so you may not here much from me in the next few months. Josh P.S. there's two "k"s in my last name... (23 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: New Lego Great Lakes Ore Freighter

Mr. Baako, do you browse the Yahoo Lego Military Board? Your name seems familiar... Rick (23 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: New Lego Great Lakes Ore Freighter

Here is the gallery: (URL) LMKWYT (23 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.boats)

  Town building contest update

We're progressing well with entries for the Town building contest. There are many buildings and vehicles so far, but we could do with more entries in the large and small boats and ships, dioramas, structures, aircraft, microfig, and macro scale (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jan-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.trains, lugnet.boats)

  New Lego Great Lakes Ore Freighter

I have started work on a massive 16 wide Great Lakes Ore Freighter (Ore Boat). I think this is possibly the only Lego Ore Freighter, and if not, will be the largest. Right now, i have the stern done, and it all ready is more that 50 studs long. When (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jan-01, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.town)

  Online Ideas Page...

I've updated my page, and will be updating it multiple times today, I've decided to stick with the JPEG's for now, the GIF's turned out to be larger & slower loading. If a model has more then 10 steps it will get more then one page, with 10 steps (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.publish, lugnet.town, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.basic, lugnet.boats, lugnet.castle, lugnet.sports)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact